Does at&t have anything similar to T-Mobile's sim only plan?

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently testing the T-Mobile network out on my n4, and so far it sucks at home and work... I had planned to go with T-Mobile's sim only plan, which would end up costing me around 80 a month with the discounts we get.

Obviously if the T-Mobile network doesn't work well for me my only other option would be at&t. I've thought about straight talk, but I've read in multiple places they watch your data usage very closely. At&t prepaid plans suck pretty hard too considering 65 bucks only gets you a gig of data. So ideally I would like the 4 gb shared data plan with unlimited talk and text, but why should I pay the same price if I'm not buying a subsidized phone.

Does anyone know of other options?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently testing the T-Mobile network out on my n4, and so far it sucks at home and work... I had planned to go with T-Mobile's sim only plan, which would end up costing me around 80 a month with the discounts we get.

Obviously if the T-Mobile network doesn't work well for me my only other option would be at&t. I've thought about straight talk, but I've read in multiple places they watch your data usage very closely. At&t prepaid plans suck pretty hard too considering 65 bucks only gets you a gig of data. So ideally I would like the 4 gb shared data plan with unlimited talk and text, but why should I pay the same price if I'm not buying a subsidized phone.

Does anyone know of other options?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not an expert but from what I hear you can get straight talk which runs on at&ts network for 45 unlimited everything and they throttle you but no one really knows what's the limit it may vary

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Nice little recap of current options here: AT&T launches new “affordable” pre-paid smartphone plan, cost more than everyone but Verizon | Android and Me

T-Mobile Monthly 4G: $30 for 100 mins, unlimited text, and 5 GB data
Straight Talk SIM: $45 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and ?unlimited? data
Solavei: $49 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 4 GB data
Simple Mobile: $50 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and ?unlimited? data
T-Mobile Monthly 4G: $60 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 2 GB data
AT&T: $65 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 1 GB data
Verizon: $80 for unlimited mins, unlimited text, and 1 GB data

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
at&t DOES offer a SIM only option but getting the sales person to offer it is very difficult.

As I understand things the at&t sales people are not able to make a comission off the SIM only option, thus they push a device along with a contract as that is what they get commissions on.

It is just a matter of insisting on a SIM only option and eventually you should be able to walk away with a SIM and a post-paid plan.

Dan

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Pay attention to roaming capabilities also. T-Mobile plans include voice roaming but not data roaming. Straight Talk plans have NO roaming at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro