Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Kaldrak

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Now I just need to explain to my wife why I needed a 3rd phone.

Good luck with that. This is the kind of thing they don't get.

Oh and I bought the Nexus 4 december 3rd as well. At exactly 15:06:10 EST

Estimated delivery time is 1-2 weeks.
Still no news yet, but I received the same generic email that a few of you seems to have received:

Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of 19-12-2012.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.

For more information on shipping and delivery, please see this article in our help center:
Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help.

I tried sending a few emails to have a little more infos but Google doesn't seem to care enough to answer.

I just can't wait to have my Nexus 4.

Last edited:

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just called Google.
I have re-re-re-re-re-re-reconfirmed that its normal for the pending payment (which is held in the form of credit) to be returned to the credit card account. Its just "a way for Google to check if you have enough money for the purchase", as per the CSA.
And the Google CSA also told me that my device should be DELIVERED between 10th and the 17th....which is a bit different reply than what most people got in their email.
If anyone else wants to try their luck by calling them, here is the number: 1-855-836-3987

Nick792

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually. You may need to get a new sim. Yes the s3 is a micro sim. same as the n4 but the n4 isn't Lte whereas the s3 is... and I have told you would need a new sim if I was to go back to hspa. But I don't think that's the case. I guess I'll find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The same SIM card will work no problem. I have an LTE SIM in my GNex and it works just fine. If you want to be able to use the LTE feature on the Nexus 4 (assuming you're in Canada) you're actually going to need that LTE SIM.

Hope this helps!

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Just called Google.
I have re-re-re-re-re-re-reconfirmed that its normal for the pending payment (which is held in the form of credit) to be returned to the credit card account. Its just "a way for Google to check if you have enough money for the purchase", as per the CSA.
And the Google CSA also told me that my device should be DELIVERED between 10th and the 17th....which is a bit different reply than what most people got in their email.
If anyone else wants to try their luck by calling them, here is the number: 1-855-836-3987

Actually between the 10th and the 17th is exactly the 1-2 weeks shipping so I'm not sure ifnthis answer is better than the other generic email that we all got. But it does make me feel better than knowing that it will be shipped by the 19th because I need to travel on the 20th. :)

Kaldrak

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Just called Google.

So they really said delivered and not shipped? Which means we should receive them by the end of the week? There's a huge difference between shipped and delivered !

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So they really said delivered and not shipped? Which means we should receive them by the end of the week? There's a huge difference between shipped and delivered !

17th is next Monday so it doesn't mean you will get it by the end of this week.

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Nexus 4 on Dec 3 @ 4:01:29 AST and got 1-2 weeks shipping time. The order is still pending in my Google Wallet.

I may be comparing apples to oranges here, but I ordered a Nexus 7 when it was first announced by Google on June 27. The dates for ordered, shipped and delivered were as follows:

Ordered: June 27
Shipped: July 19
Delivered: July 25

My Nexus 7 was shipped from the US.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Now I just need to explain to my wife why I needed a 3rd phone.

I just ordered mine without telling her. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. I am just going to put my case on it and tell her I got a new case. Which I will. I'll just conveniently forget to mention the new phone. Lol :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just called Google.

Thanks for the effort. But I pity those poor CSA's. They probably answer the same question 1000 times a day.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
That is very true. But this CSA seemed to put an effort in this. She had me on hold for 4 to 5 minutes as she said she was looking up information on it. It did not seem like a generic answer.
But who knows, she could have been painting her toe nails while I was on hold to make the generic answer seem legit.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That is very true. But this CSA seemed to put an effort in this. She had me on hold for 4 to 5 minutes as she said she was looking up information on it. It did not seem like a generic answer.
But who knows, she could have been painting her toe nails while I was on hold to make the generic answer seem legit.

Ye you cant really know what she did in those 4-5 minutes.
And somehow i really doubt that with probably thousands of calls every day they are able to give everyone an exact answer.

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not expecting it to be delivered before Xmas. If you're in the 1-2 week time frame, Google likely won't ship the device before late this week or early next week. The device will likely ship from the US, which will slow down the process. It's also Xmas time, and shipping typically takes longer during the holiday season. Add all these factors together, and it's hard to imagine a Nexus 4 in your hand before Dec 25. I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not expecting it to be delivered before Xmas. If you're in the 1-2 week time frame, Google likely won't ship the device before late this week or early next week. The device will likely ship from the US, which will slow down the process. It's also Xmas time, and shipping typically takes longer during the holiday season. Add all these factors together, and it's hard to imagine a Nexus 4 in your hand before Dec 25. I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I agree with part of what you said.

I do believe that it will ship sometime close to the end of this week and if it will then sometime mid next week we/you will receive it. They use UPS standard 2 (business) days shipping and for the holidays all those companies (UPS/FedEx/DHL) increase their work.

I still hope for the best and hope to receive it sometime next week before i have to travel.

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with part of what you said.

I do believe that it will ship sometime close to the end of this week and if it will then sometime mid next week we/you will receive it. They use UPS standard 2 (business) days shipping and for the holidays all those companies (UPS/FedEx/DHL) increase their work.

I still hope for the best and hope to receive it sometime next week before i have to travel.

I hope you're right. When I ordered my Nexus 7 from Google Play, it shipped from the US and it took 7 calendar days/5 business days for it to arrive. I live in Halifax and you live in Toronto; you might get better than 5 business days.