Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

priority9

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Interesting website! Thanks!!

Anyway, Windsor and Detroit is basically the same.... So Windsor and then Mississauga i guess. So if the package left Maumee tonight it should be in Windsor long time ago.....
It still has to hit a UPS facility in Detroit before it continues on. Plus the package will still have to go through customs.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It still has to hit a UPS facility in Detroit before it continues on. Plus the package will still have to go through customs.

Ye, good point. It does need to go through customs first.

I'm sure it's already there, after all it left Maumee, OH at 01:07am and it's just over an hour drive. Dont know how often the info is being updated specially it's being the weekend now. Like i said several times before, due to it being so close to Toronto i'm still hoping for a Monday delivery and not Tuesday :)

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Do the customs process deliveries during weekend?

I believe they do. If packages move during the weekend then customs have to work. They cant afford to close for 2 days otherwise on Monday they will have TONS of work.

Think about it, courier companies keep working, airlines keep working and bring cargo.

TheSnow321

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Not necessary, I'm in this industry. Holidays like Christmas, couriers have a over load problem. Shipments can be delayed due to many factors, air cargo space can be rerouted by land transport, then weather, etc..

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

vancitypharaoh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
has anyone ever received their package early from ups?

my package when from KY to IL and is now FLYING to Richmond (airport city near Vancouver). Chances are, if you're all right, then by Monday morning, it would have already arrived in BC and checked through customs. I don't know where the sorting facility is (the logical place would be Richmond though, no?) but I live in downtown Van, and I was given a delivery date of Thursday Dec. 20th 2012. Richmond is a 25-30min drive. I doubt my package will take 4 days to get to Vancouver from Richmond/the sorting facility!

Lower Mainland'ers... chime in here please.

Below are my tracking details so you can see my logic..

Location Date Local Time Activity
RICHMOND, BC CA Dec 14, 2012 10:46 AM IN TRANSIT TO
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 10:45 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 7:23 AM LOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 7:23 AM LOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL US Dec 14, 2012 5:21 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 4:31 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IN US Dec 14, 2012 3:36 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 11:38 PM DEPARTURE SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY US Dec 13, 2012 9:58 PM ORIGIN SCAN
US Dec 13, 2012 2:36:46 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

JJDigitized

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I was wondering the same thing. My package shows it left Maumee, OH (about 2 hours from me) this morning at 1:07am. Assuming it gets to Detroit today and clears customs overnight, I could see it being out for delivery here Monday.

Probably wishful thinking on my part though. :)

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. My package shows it left Maumee, OH (about 2 hours from me) this morning at 1:07am. Assuming it gets to Detroit today and clears customs overnight, I could see it being out for delivery here Monday.

Probably wishful thinking on my part though. :)

I'm hoping the same thing. Maumee to Detroit is a very short distance and from there to me (Toronto) is 4 hours. The package left very early so i do believe it's there already and being handled to cross the border and clear customs. No reason for it not to arrive on Monday unless it will sit in customs until Monday and only then move.

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

my package when from KY to IL and is now FLYING to Richmond (airport city near Vancouver). Chances are, if you're all right, then by Monday morning, it would have already arrived in BC and checked through customs. I don't know where the sorting facility is (the logical place would be Richmond though, no?) but I live in downtown Van, and I was given a delivery date of Thursday Dec. 20th 2012. Richmond is a 25-30min drive. I doubt my package will take 4 days to get to Vancouver from Richmond/the sorting facility!

Lower Mainland'ers... chime in here please.

Below are my tracking details so you can see my logic..

Location Date Local Time Activity
RICHMOND, BC CADec 14, 201210:46 AMIN TRANSIT TO
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 201210:45 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20127:23 AMLOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20127:23 AMLOCATION SCAN
HODGKINS, IL USDec 14, 20125:21 AMARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20124:31 AMDEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IN USDec 14, 20123:36 AMARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 201211:38 PMDEPARTURE SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY USDec 13, 20129:58 PMORIGIN SCAN
USDec 13, 20122:36:46 PMBILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

You would be surprised. I wouldn't be shocked if the hold it in a counter till the 20th. I'm in the same boat as you. Dec 20 is the date for me with the same track. Customs will take a day or two.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk 2

Jonzo1976

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I seriously doubt we'll receive our 4s before the scheduled delivery day. I've ordered from the states many times, almost always end up using UPS and they have always delivered on the date stated in tracking info. Shipments from California have reached the border in two days and then take 3 more days to get to Ottawa. Quite ridiculous if you think about it.

Customs will definitely take their sweet ass time. :|

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I seriously doubt we'll receive our 4s before the scheduled delivery day. I've ordered from the states many times, almost always end up using UPS and they have always delivered on the date stated in tracking info. Shipments from California have reached the border in two days and then take 3 more days to get to Ottawa. Quite ridiculous if you think about it.

Normally you would be right about the customs thing because when you order something from another country it has to clear customs but in this case it's something that you ordered in and from Canada and already paid tax for it so it should be a fast process.

Jonzo1976

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Normally you would be right about the customs thing because when you order something from another country it has to clear customs but in this case it's something that you ordered in and from Canada and already paid tax for it so it should be a fast process.

That could be the case but I think it's basically in line so even though we've paid Canadian taxes on it, they still have to get to the packages. Maybe there is a separate line/process for duty paid deliveries but I have my doubts that UPS would separate them like that, from the rest of their shipments.

With that being said, I hope your theories are right!

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That could be the case but I think it's basically in line so even though we've paid Canadian taxes on it, they still have to get to the packages. Maybe there is a separate line/process for duty paid deliveries but I have my doubts that UPS would separate them like that, from the rest of their shipments.

With that being said, I hope your theories are right!

I don't know I'm trying tonthink logically.

If I were customs I would for sure make different line for packages that don't need the actual customs handling, saves time.
And as UPS, knowing that customs has a line like that I would put those packages in a different place for easy access.

This is what I would do :) hope it works like this.

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. My Nexus 10 for to the border early but it still showed up on the listed delivery date a few days later

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane