Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It was 6-7 weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was also 6-7 weeks, however I suspect Google only got through some of the 6-7 weekers this time around as stock allowed. Call Google play customer service, I did a few weeks back and they were very helpful. She told me my phone was scheduled to be handed over to ups on January 8th, however if stock allowed that could be much earlier. As luck would have it I was one of the 6-7weekers who got their phones with the 3-4 seekers. Curious to know how many with 6-7 weeks estimates will get their phone soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Neelaksh Bhatia

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I was also 6-7 weeks, however I suspect Google only got through some of the 6-7 weekers this time around as stock allowed. Call Google play customer service, I did a few weeks back and they were very helpful. She told me my phone was scheduled to be handed over to ups on January 8th, however if stock allowed that could be much earlier. As luck would have it I was one of the 6-7weekers who got their phones with the 3-4 seekers. Curious to know how many with 6-7 weeks estimates will get their phone soon.

I was and I am getting it tomorrow :p

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

I might call them. Where would I find the number? Is it the on on the Google Play support website? I also tried emailing them but they didn't say anything useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I am so sad, my tracking information hasn't changed! It still says its in Maumee, OH (its been there since 12/29/12). I live in Mississauga, I hope it is with the other phones in Windsor, Ontario.

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I might call them. Where would I find the number? Is it the on on the Google Play support website? I also tried emailing them but they didn't say anything useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Their email replies seem auto generated, so I wouldn't waste your time. I found the number in the email they originally sent confirming my order on December 3rd. Should be there somewhere, or join Google wallet on the order page for your phone.

ced2334

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at 1030 this morning in Saskatoon. I was scheduled to get it tomorrow so I got it a day early. Departed winnipeg last night. Arrival scan for Saskatoon appeared on UPS this morning at 620. Hopefully those of you in Edmonton and Calgary will get yours tomorrow instead of Monday. Awesome phone so far! So responsive.

blainedee

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Was yours constantly updating or did it take time. I live in Toronto and mine has been stuck since saturday in Mauee. So I was just wondering if maybe UPS doesnt update their page as frequently as progress occurs.

Neelaksh Bhatia

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Was yours constantly updating or did it take time. I live in Toronto and mine has been stuck since saturday in Mauee. So I was just wondering if maybe UPS doesnt update their page as frequently as progress occurs.
Since Last Saturday, I was stuck in Lexington (similar state of Maumee) but just last night they constantly updated my status and it seemed they updated every 4 hours or so.

Neelaksh Bhatia

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

Also, UPS did not update my package status on their website. Instead I recommend that you google up Package Mapping and enter your tracking number there. On Wednesday, this showed my package was in Windsor, when UPS didnt say anything, whereas now (Thursday) UPS is giving me a reminder. So it seems package mapping is more accurate :)

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

I suspect your hunch is probably the case. They probably don't have time to scan all, depending how long the stop over is and how many parcels they need to transfer. There is obviously internal tracking we don't see, because the ups site has less info than the third party site package mapping.com. I suspect there is more info still we don't see but is trackable. Fingers crossed for you guys.

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick semi-unrelated question. I'm currently with Tel us, and plan to stay with the, at least for the time being. My current phone is using a regular tell us hspa+ sim card, and I understand the nexus 4 uses a micro sim or nano sim?? So I obviously need to get a new sim card. My question is, I've read a lot about ppl activating the LTE chip inside the phone and using it with LTE. I'm guessingyou need a LTE sim to do this? Has anyone who has already received their phone done this, and if so is it worth it? Pros/Cons?

I think I read that Brad did this with his, perhaps he can answer my question.

Cheers,

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick semi-unrelated question. I'm currently with Tel us, and plan to stay with the, at least for the time being. My current phone is using a regular tell us hspa+ sim card, and I understand the nexus 4 uses a micro sim or nano sim?? So I obviously need to get a new sim card. My question is, I've read a lot about ppl activating the LTE chip inside the phone and using it with LTE. I'm guessingyou need a LTE sim to do this? Has anyone who has already received their phone done this, and if so is it worth it? Pros/Cons?

I think I read that Brad did this with his, perhaps he can answer my question.

Cheers,

Damn Autocorrect lol. Telus! Lol