Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Packagemapping seems to sometimes mistakenly say items are shipping by air when they aren't. Still 1000x better than UPS own tracking which is kind of sad.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

BrutalGreen

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine just arrived after a long wait...

2vvqgsk.jpg

33eo0gj.jpg

...and there are 2 ugly yellow marks about the size of fingerprints at the bottom of the screen (pixel discoloration mostly visible on lighter color background).

I SWEAR I HAVE THE WORST LUCK EVER!

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine just arrived after a long wait...

http://i46.tinypic.com/2vvqgsk.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/33eo0gj.jpg

...and there are 2 ugly yellow marks about the size of fingerprints at the bottom of the screen (pixel discoloration mostly visible on lighter color background).

I SWEAR I HAVE THE WORST LUCK EVER!

Oh wow! They actually show up in the picture! I'd be so frustrated at this point if my phone showed up in less than perfect condition. You should call Google Play CS right away! They'll probably priority ship a new phone right away. They have a stock pile for such circumstances

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

BrutalGreen

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Quebec City Canada (my shipment actually came out of nowhere on Friday, but since I wasn't expecting it I missed it so got it today instead). I just got off the phone with the play store and they are going to send me a replacement. I have 21 days to return this phone.

AND YES THEY SHOW UP ON THE PICTURE BUT THEY LOOK WAY WORSE IN PERSON!

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It finally arrived! I'm already in love. Lol!

No camera rattle, or any rattle that I can make out.

She's fast and my One S is no slouch. :)

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Quebec City Canada (my shipment actually came out of nowhere on Friday, but since I wasn't expecting it I missed it so got it today instead). I just got off the phone with the play store and they are going to send me a replacement. I have 21 days to return this phone.

AND YES THEY SHOW UP ON THE PICTURE BUT THEY LOOK WAY WORSE IN PERSON!

You know what? I'm noticing some slight discolouration on the bottom of my screen as well...

It's just one tiny spot, but if it doesn't go away in the next day or two I'll have to ask for a replacement.

Well, the spot already seems to have disappeared. I had to put the phone down for a bit and in that time I can't notice it. We will see. Heh

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It finally arrived! I'm already in love. Lol!

No camera rattle, or any rattle that I can make out.

She's fast and my One S is no slouch. :)

I notice a bit of rattle, but only when I shake front to back, rather than side to side. Apparently it is normal and I'm not too concerned about it.

This is indeed a fast phone otherwise. My old phone was an og galaxy s captivate so its like night and day.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I notice a bit of rattle, but only when I shake front to back, rather than side to side. Apparently it is normal and I'm not too concerned about it.

This is indeed a fast phone otherwise. My old phone was an og galaxy s captivate so its like night and day.

Wow. Yeah, that would be a major leap in speed. I used to have the Fascinate, which is pretty much the Captivate, I believe, and while it was a decent phone it is getting a little long in the tooth now. Hehe.

I just noticed that rattle. Lol. It isn't anything to freak out about. I'm too happy to have this phone to worry about a little rattle. It's not like I shake the phone in my ear ever. ;)

vicar204

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
You know what? I'm noticing some slight discolouration on the bottom of my screen as well...

It's just one tiny spot, but if it doesn't go away in the next day or two I'll have to ask for a replacement.

Well, the spot already seems to have disappeared. I had to put the phone down for a bit and in that time I can't notice it. We will see. Heh

I read on the following link that this may be due to the glue in the device not completely setting in, so it should go away after a while... the good news is that google has amended their warranty rules and have allowed returns / replacements for manufacturing issues for up to a year.

Some LG Nexus 4 units may suffer from screen yellowing

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by jimrebello

Wow. Yeah, that would be a major leap in speed. I used to have the Fascinate, which is pretty much the Captivate, I believe, and while it was a decent phone it is getting a little long in the tooth now. Hehe.

I just noticed that rattle. Lol. It isn't anything to freak out about. I'm too happy to have this phone to worry about a little rattle. It's not like I shake the phone in my ear ever. ;)

The fascinate is the same phone you are right. I had that dinosaur even after an early upgrade from an HTC magic that couldn't make a phone call. The captivate was a nice device but rogers expected me to wait another year before I can get an upgrade.. No more contracts for me. Its all nexus all the time from now on.

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
LOL guys, I have Sony Ericsson W810i, and you are saying that One S, or Captivate is giving you a huge difference comparing it to N4. Imagine what it's like to me :D

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

In also have the Samsung Fascinate 4g, and have had nothing but trouble from it since day one. It barely works now, I cannot wait to get this phone.

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I read on the following link that this may be due to the glue in the device not completely setting in, so it should go away after a while... the good news is that google has amended their warranty rules and have allowed returns / replacements for manufacturing issues for up to a year.

Some LG Nexus 4 units may suffer from screen yellowing

Where did you read this return replacement for a year thing...??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
In also have the Samsung Fascinate 4g, and have had nothing but trouble from it since day one. It barely works now, I cannot wait to get this phone.

Yeah, that phone was lag fest, to be sure. I always forget that I rooted and flashed a custom ROM (Voodoo), which made that phone scream, at least for the time. Needless to say, if you are running stock you will be in happyland when the Nexus arrives. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol