Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that phone was lag fest, to be sure. I always forget that I rooted and flashed a custom ROM (Voodoo), which made that phone scream, at least for the time. Needless to say, if you are running stock you will be in happyland when the Nexus arrives. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The first thing I'm gonna do is flash paranoid android on it :)

Owen188

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine will be here tomorrow!
I have a provincial exam tomorrow...
How well do you think I will do if I know this stupid thing is sitting at home..
Oh well, its only school right? Phone is way more important. Hahahah

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine will be here tomorrow!
I have a provincial exam tomorrow...
How well do you think I will do if I know this stupid thing is sitting at home..
Oh well, its only school right? Phone is way more important. Hahahah

You're gonna do well, and then you will get a prize at home :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You know what? I'm noticing some slight discolouration on the bottom of my screen as well...

It's just one tiny spot, but if it doesn't go away in the next day or two I'll have to ask for a replacement.

Well, the spot already seems to have disappeared. I had to put the phone down for a bit and in that time I can't notice it. We will see. Heh

some people have mentioned that it is glue that needs to set and then becomes clear.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
some people have mentioned that it is glue that needs to set and then becomes clear.

Exactly. It's all already gone. These phones are coming right off the assembly line and out to customers.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. It's all already gone. These phones are coming right off the assembly line and out to customers.

that's what I was thinking too. You can imagine the stress the people are under that are making these things.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You'd think 12 day shipping would cure the glue. lol!

Fair enough. But the exact same things were reported with, say, the iPad. Most phones and/or tablets sit in the store safe or warehouse for weeks, if not months, before getting into anybody's hands. Don't forget that the phone is pretty much refrigerated from Ohio to wherever in the Great White North it's going. My phone was ice cold when I opened it up. I can't say for sure that has anything to do with it, but as soon as my phone warmed up, there was no more yellow blemish.

Don't get me wrong, it's not comforting seeing a "defect" right out of the box. My heart sunk just a little. Hehe

vicar204

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Where did you read this return replacement for a year thing...??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

A friend of mine had to get one replaced, so he called google up and they informed him about the 1 year warranty and updated return policy for devices with manufacturing defects.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone here switched on LTE on their nexus 4? I turned it on yesterday. Seems to be working fine. I did a speed test with hspa on rogers and got almost 13 Mbps. Two bars on lte gave me around 26 Mbps.

Anyone noticed a significant loss in battery by using LTE?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here switched on LTE on their nexus 4? I turned it on yesterday. Seems to be working fine. I did a speed test with hspa on rogers and got almost 13 Mbps. Two bars on lte gave me around 26 Mbps.

Anyone noticed a significant loss in battery by using LTE?

I've used it a bit. It does use more battery life and also resets to default when you restart the phone. I've also noticed that if your LTE signal is weak you can lose data connectivity as it doesn't seem to switch back to HSPA + and connect very well. But I'm on Telus.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think I was noticing the same thing. I have a very poor signal when I'm at my desk at work and it seems to sometimes switch back to hspa, sometimes not. Just a little inconsistent. For most uses, hspa+ is fine.

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Gah! My phone has been showing as I'm Diepe, NB for the last 48hrs. I'm in St. John's, NL and its supposed to be here tomorrow. Hopefully its just a case of their systems not being updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Gah! My phone has been showing as I'm Diepe, NB for the last 48hrs. I'm in St. John's, NL and its supposed to be here tomorrow. Hopefully its just a case of their systems not being updated.

Mine showed as being in Ohio and then suddenly it was in Windsor and already on its way their local sorting facility. You should be alright.

crazyabtliv

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
UPS says that delivery is expected end of day 1/8/2013 :( But , it has been in Vancouver since 5th :( What the hell UPS :( . And about being on Sony Ericsson, I am on a Samsung Star phone :p with no wifi or any apps or even android or anything.

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
UPS says that delivery is expected end of day 1/8/2013 :( But , it has been in Vancouver since 5th :( What the hell UPS :( . And about being on Sony Ericsson, I am on a Samsung Star phone :p with no wifi or any apps or even android or anything.

Where are you located?

sarunkumar

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
still in truck, couldn't get my hands on yet :(

Richmond, BC, Canada 01/08/2013 10:36 A.M. Customer was not available on 1st attempt. Delivery will be made to a nearby retail location for customer to pickup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad