Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with telus have a small "H" next to the signal strength? Is that supposed to be there? It just appeared this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
That is the HSPA+ signal. It will show up when you are on data. You can also activate LTE by going to your dial pad and typing *#*#4636#*#* then click on phone information. Scroll down until you see the set preferred network type (right above the turn radio off button) select LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (prl). Then back out of the program and you have LTE. It works well if you are in a good signal area. But uses more battery and your phone will default back to the HSPA setting when you reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Tarenz

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
7-8 weeker.. Still no updates.. Heard rumors about batches being sent every 3 weeks. If true hopefully will be in next batch Jan 14 or 15

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok folks.....1 week with the Nexus 4....keep this in mind....

DO NOT DROP IT.

I got mine last Thursday and friday evening it slid off the arm of my couch 18" to laminate flooring. Shattered the back glass.

The glass is very slick. Personally, having owned an iPhone for several years with similar drops, I'm surprised it broke. It landed perfectly flat, so no marks or dents on the bezel. I've called Google and they are sending me a replacement and I will ship mine back. I'll likely be charged for the cost of replacing the back case which, I'm expecting to be over $100 given it houses the NFC & wireless charging components (compare to the iPhone 4S back which is $25).

All that sadness said...I love this phone.

G

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

DO NOT DROP IT.

I got mine last Thursday and friday evening it slid off the arm of my couch 18" to laminate flooring. Shattered the back glass.

The glass is very slick. Personally, having owned an iPhone for several years with similar drops, I'm surprised it broke. It landed perfectly flat, so no marks or dents on the bezel. I've called Google and they are sending me a replacement and I will ship mine back. I'll likely be charged for the cost of replacing the back case which, I'm expecting to be over $100 given it houses the NFC & wireless charging components (compare to the iPhone 4S back which is $25).

G

That's unfortunate!!! I received the case I ordered today. Still waiting on the screen protectors I orderer. I put it on right away, hoping to avoid what happened to you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this phone needs a case. Most phones do, anyway. My One S is anodized aluminum but it took a fall. Nothing shattered, but one of the Wi-Fi antennae came loose, which meant I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi unless I was directly next to a modem. That was a $200 fix. :/

As much as I love the look and feel of naked phones it's too risky.

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this phone needs a case. Most phones do, anyway. My One S is anodized aluminum but it took a fall. Nothing shattered, but one of the Wi-Fi antennae came loose, which meant I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi unless I was directly next to a modem. That was a $200 fix. :/

As much as I love the look and feel of naked phones it's too risky.

Totally agree

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

DO NOT DROP IT.

G

That really sucks. I read in another forum that the cost to replace the back was $65 so hopefully it won't get up to the $100 mark with shipping and whatnot.

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I am using internet.fido.ca as my apn which used to work on my Motorola Atrix but no longer works now for me....did anyone of you had any luck with LTE on fido?

Exercise caution trying to use LTE with the Nexus 4. From one I understand, a 'gotcha' is that it'll work with LTE but will not fall back to HSPA+ (or 3G). So basically, you can use LTE and nothing else. Unless you're in an area that has solid LTE all the time, you may find you have no service at all.

This may be what's happening now. Your info may be correct, but where you are there isn't LTE currently available so you're getting no data at all.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This story is bogus. It pisses me off that stories like this get passed around on the interwebz.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Exercise caution trying to use LTE with the Nexus 4. From one I understand, a 'gotcha' is that it'll work with LTE but will not fall back to HSPA+ (or 3G). So basically, you can use LTE and nothing else. Unless you're in an area that has solid LTE all the time, you may find you have no service at all.

This may be what's happening now. Your info may be correct, but where you are there isn't LTE currently available so you're getting no data at all.

I have used lte often and it always falls back to hspa when the signal is poor.