Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear your impressions. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I'm really excited for tomorrow :).

I'm only worried about the delivery. If UPS leaves it at the door, it will be there for a few hours. Hope the cold won't damage it or someone won't steal it. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm really excited for tomorrow :).

I'm only worried about the delivery. If UPS leaves it at the door, it will be there for a few hours. Hope the cold won't damage it or someone won't steal it. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Really depends where you live. I got mine at like 7:30 pm, whereas a friend 5 minutes away got theirs early in the day.

iloli

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As soon as the phone says it's delivered I'll be getting home ASAP.

On that note: I don't know if my new BlackBerry has the power to open a tracking webpage or if it will "Take too long and have to close"

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Noticed a little buzzing in the earpiece and something inside when i shake the phone. All because of these forum posts :) btw I remember someone had this noise from inside when you shake it, did it get glued or did u return the phone?

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Love my Nexus 4. I actually got a little scared when things opened and responded so quickly. Boot is also very fast.

The design is awesome. The back is very smooth, while the sides are a good grip. The sparkles looks very cool as well. Bottom line is that it feels like a high end phone.

It also seems that I got a perfect phone. No buzzing in the ear piece, no rattling and no yellowish colour on the screen.

I'm getting a Sim card later, so I will see then speeds with LTE on Bell. I think you need to use an APN for LTE on Bell. Anyone know more info on this?

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Noticed a little buzzing in the earpiece and something inside when i shake the phone. All because of these forum posts :) btw I remember someone had this noise from inside when you shake it, did it get glued or did u return the phone?

The rattle is normal. It's the camera lens. :)

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Love my Nexus 4. I actually got a little scared when things opened and responded so quickly. Boot is also very fast.

The design is awesome. The back is very smooth, while the sides are a good grip. The sparkles looks very cool as well. Bottom line is that it feels like a high end phone.

It also seems that I got a perfect phone. No buzzing in the ear piece, no rattling and no yellowish colour on the screen.

I'm getting a Sim card later, so I will see then speeds with LTE on Bell. I think you need to use an APN for LTE on Bell. Anyone know more info on this?

You set up the APN for bell, then you go into the dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*

Then you change your network type to lte/gsm auto, or just lte

Don't know the bell APN settings. I'm on Rogers.

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The rattle is normal. It's the camera lens. :)

Yeah I know it's a camera that makes sound, but it's just kind of annoying when I bring the phone to my ear, and I just can hear it. I don't have micro sim card right now (maybe will cut it today), but can someone tell me if the buzzing in the earpiece(those who have this problem) is noticeable when calling someone?
Overall, yes, this phone is awesome. I didn't root it yet because I may claim rma and don't want to spend extra time unrooting it.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know it's a camera that makes sound, but it's just kind of annoying when I bring the phone to my ear, and I just can hear it. I don't have micro sim card right now (maybe will cut it today), but can someone tell me if the buzzing in the earpiece(those who have this problem) is noticeable when calling someone?
Overall, yes, this phone is awesome. I didn't root it yet because I may claim rma and don't want to spend extra time unrooting it.

I have not heard any buzzing at all from mine.

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Got LTE. No APN needed on Bell. Got awesome speeds.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358559034415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358559034415.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 46

BrutalGreen

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, it's been a little over a week now and the yellow spots don't look any better (unlike what some people predicted with the "glue drying"). Also, still no sign of Google having sent out the RMA replacement despite having assured me it wouldn't take longer than a week...going to call them tomorrow!

Update: the RMA phone was sent today, ETA is Wednesday!

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Got LTE. No APN needed on Bell. Got awesome speeds.

Nice! I'm on Telus, but work off Bell towers. I'll try it out. In fact, I can't believe I haven't, yet. Lol.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Glad to see you guys got your phones. After saying it was in Air Transit to Richmond, BC for the longest time, it arrived in Spokane, WA. Once again, it read Air Transit to Richmond, but has recently arrived in Redmond, WA. Strange. But it's only a 3 hour drive away. Monday or Tuesday. I am waiting.

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I'm on Telus, but work off Bell towers. I'll try it out. In fact, I can't believe I haven't, yet. Lol.

Just note that the signal strength is lower than hspa. I only use it when I need speed. But it depends on where you are. Right now I'm getting 3 bars which is pretty good. But sometimes I only get 1.