getting refund on shipping

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
they charged us 14$ for 2 day shipping but they delivered it in 1 week. we are clearly entitled to a refund right?

i was wondering if anyone called them for a refund yet and if so what did you say to get the refund. i want to know so when i call them for are refund, i won't get the work around and have to call several times...

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone will prove a valid argument to them. Yes, we got a false shipping label email last week. But, when the actual shipment arrived at UPS, it certainly looks like shipping was fulfilled in under 2 days. I think you would have to produce some sort of evidence that UPS had the phone in possession and shipped it longer that 2 days. Not sure the first UPS label email will be enough.

It would be interesting to see if anyone succeeds though. I give my full support to them!

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand where you coming from, but it's not like they did not inform you of the shipping date estimate and give you an option to cancel your order up until your credit card was actually charged.

Google definitely handled the release of the nexus 4 poorly, but not enough to refund shipping I don't think, considering the provided an option to cancel the order.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone will prove a valid argument to them. Yes, we got a false shipping label email last week. But, when the actual shipment arrived at UPS, it certainly looks like shipping was fulfilled in under 2 days. I think you would have to produce some sort of evidence that UPS had the phone in possession and shipped it longer that 2 days. Not sure the first UPS label email will be enough.

It would be interesting to see if anyone succeeds though. I give my full support to them!

Given that they said they would not place a charge for payment until the device shipped, and many of us had our credit cards charged on the 30th, that could be enough evidence that the 30th was the official shipping date. That's the argument I plan on using, anyway. We'll see if Google buys it.

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how that works out for ya.

they charged us 14$ for 2 day shipping but they delivered it in 1 week. we are clearly entitled to a refund right?

i was wondering if anyone called them for a refund yet and if so what did you say to get the refund. i want to know so when i call them for are refund, i won't get the work around and have to call several times...

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Given that they said they would not place a charge for payment until the device shipped, and many of us had our credit cards charged on the 30th, that could be enough evidence that the 30th was the official shipping date. That's the argument I plan on using, anyway. We'll see if Google buys it.

I've heard mixed reports with this. Wasn't it just a pending place holder charge that later expired and then they issued a second legit charge just recently?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've heard mixed reports with this. Wasn't it just a pending place holder charge that later expired and then they issued a second legit charge just recently?

For some people that was the case, but mine never expired. They charged my card on the 30th, and it stayed there the entire time.

ultraviolet

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My credit card was actually charged on 11/30. That along with the email from Google saying the phone was shipped on 11/30 is enough reason for me to want a shipping refund. It's not my problem what happened behind the scenes.

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I'd been sent the shipping notice on 11/29. My card was genuinely charged on 12/1, and my statement closed a day or two later, so I was on the hook for it.

That's definitely not 2-day shipping from my perspective. But given that from Goog's perspective, they probably put the phone in a UPS truck yesterday, or at most the day before, so it's still 2-day for them. Had they not sent me a fictitious shipping notice, and charged my card, I would have no complaint. However...

HobbesAtPlay

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

My credit card statement shows it was charged on the 27th, the day I bought it. Not a PENDING charge, a PERMANENT charge. Shipping notice two/three days later, along with yellow box UPS tracking number, and my phone just arrived today.

I didn't check my credit card statement until after I received the shipping notice, so perhaps my AMEX just converted the pending transaction to a permanent one. But my card was definitely charged well before UPS had it.

Yeah, Google is definitely having some issues. Not sure if I want to pursue it however, even though I'm the poster child for a shipping refund.

H@P

Last edited:

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I understand where you coming from, but it's not like they did not inform you of the shipping date estimate and give you an option to cancel your order up until your credit card was actually charged.

Google definitely handled the release of the nexus 4 poorly, but not enough to refund shipping I don't think, considering the provided an option to cancel the order.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

WHAT? yes they gave a shipping estimate and SAY THEY WOULD CHARGE MY CARD ONCE THEY SHIPPED IT. they shipped it and charged my card ok??!?! once it's shipped, that implies that they have the item for me and it's sent with 2nd air UPS.

i ordered it on the 27th and got a pending charge, they shipped my item on the 29 supposedly and charged my card for a permanent 395$ on the 30th. and it's dec 6 and i still have not gotten my item even though it was supposed delivered today

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I see your point.
Go for the refund, who knows, you might get it. Pls update the forum with whatever happens.
yea i will once i get my item. i still have not gotten it. once i get it, i'll call for rage for a refund and update you all. this is just ridiculous. this will be my first android device too. just a bad experience for an ios user moving to android

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't let this experience, if you can, form your opinion of android, it's a great and flexible os. Google in my opinion did not anticipate this level of interest from people and hence not prrpared, although, that's no excuse.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I had requested a refund on 12/3, after my phone had shown "shipped" for 3 days. I mostly wanted a response out of Google to find out where the heck my phone was. It showed up yesterday and shortly after that there was an email from Google telling me that since I had my phone and since they had originally said 1-2 weeks for shipping they were not going to give me a refund for shipping. I am not going to give this anymore thought, the launch was messed oh well, hopefully next year when when we go through this all over again it will be better.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I had requested a refund on 12/3, after my phone had shown "shipped" for 3 days. I mostly wanted a response out of Google to find out where the heck my phone was. It showed up yesterday and shortly after that there was an email from Google telling me that since I had my phone and since they had originally said 1-2 weeks for shipping they were not going to give me a refund for shipping. I am not going to give this anymore thought, the launch was messed oh well, hopefully next year when when we go through this all over again it will be better.

How did you request the refund? Did you just email support from within Google Wallet or something?

Atheos

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No use fighting for a refund . I tried and for every reason I gave they use the 1-2 week as a reason.

I was charged on Nov 30 In full.

I am giving up

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
When I was told my nexus was about to ship they also told me I will be refunded my shipping that was like a week and a half ago still waiting also been waiting week for my replacement nexus 4 I call and they say its processing I should get it soon customer service is just horrible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital