Nexus 4's Google Wallet not working?

Saucz

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
It says my device isn't supported for some reason? Anyone else having this problem?

"Unfortunately, Google wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It says my device isn't supported for some reason? Anyone else having this problem?

"Unfortunately, Google wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

I would like to bump this back up. I use Google wallet a good bit, and AT&T doesn't support the GS3 G-wallet. What carrier are you using? I have the nexus on order, but if wallet doesn't work on AT&T that will be a major hit.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am using att I opened the Google wallet app and no errors or anything showed up so it seemed like it would work well but my city doesn't have many places with NFC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Using the N4 on AT&T as well here....no issues installing or using Google Wallet. I do tend to use it quite heavily and have yet to run into a problem.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to bump this back up. I use Google wallet a good bit, and AT&T doesn't support the GS3 G-wallet. What carrier are you using? I have the nexus on order, but if wallet doesn't work on AT&T that will be a major hit.

I'm using AT&T and Google Wallet works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just posted in another thread about this. My google wallet isn't working on my N4. I'm using Straight Talk. Not sure if that's the reason but I've tried on 4 different occasions to use it and it won't work. It's set up fine and worked all the time on my Gnex

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Obviously, you can test it on WiFi to narrow it down to being carrier related. On that note, I was within 3 seconds of my 4 year old daughter buying $50 worth of fake money in the Littlest Pet Shop game with my google wallet. Close call. :eek:

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Obviously, you can test it on WiFi to narrow it down to being carrier related. On that note, I was within 3 seconds of my 4 year old daughter buying $50 worth of fake money in the Littlest Pet Shop game with my google wallet. Close call. :eek:

^^ That is scary. My 4 year old nephew did something similar a few months back with buying coins on Temple run.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I can not get google wallet to even set up on my N4. It says the device is not fully initialized or some sh%& like that. On Tmobile prepaid, not rooted....

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I can not get google wallet to even set up on my N4. It says the device is not fully initialized or some sh%& like that. On Tmobile prepaid, not rooted....

I'm getting the same error on my Nexus 4 on AT&T post paid. I called Google Wallet support and they acted like it was a known issue. Seems strange that some folks work and others don't. I got a follow-up email asking me to send a full bug report from my phone, which I did. Haven't heard back yet.

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I received my 16 GB nexus 4 last week and wallet will not initialize. My girl friend received her 8 GB nexus 4 today and wallet loaded first try. Hopefully they can figure it out because I would love to use it more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Google Wallet support responded to the debug output from my phone with the following:

Your device is experiencing a known bug which prevents it from being set up properly. If you have not already, I recommend resetting the Wallet app and trying again. We are actively working to resolve this issue, but I don?t have a timeframe for when it will be resolved. I recommend that you continue to try, and look out for latest releases to the Wallet app.

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Google Wallet support responded to the debug output from my phone with the following:

Your device is experiencing a known bug which prevents it from being set up properly. If you have not already, I recommend resetting the Wallet app and trying again. We are actively working to resolve this issue, but I don?t have a timeframe for when it will be resolved. I recommend that you continue to try, and look out for latest releases to the Wallet app.

I have the 16GB that received on the 31st of December. I am on Solavei, a T-Mobile MVNO and I can't mine to even set-up/initialize either. I got the same reply today from Google Wallet. There has been some discussion on other forums that the issue may have to do with the ISIS SIM cards that have their own NFC technology but the Solavei does not use ISIS SIMs. It's not cool that Google's hardware won't work with Google's software.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I too have opened it and am on ATT... I know some companies. (My store. Best buy. Disable NFC payment due to a scammer)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
my Google wallet isn't working either on AT&T. I rooted and removed it with Titanium Backup. Google wallet activated right away but can't add any cards to the app. almost ready to give up on this.

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that are having issues, see if you have the option of "Disable Wallet app" on https://wallet.google.com/manage/#devices: in case the service is "stuck." That helped me.

My nexus 4 isn't initializing which means it never gets on the device list. I tried force closing and deleting the cache, and disabling and enabling wallet. It just doesn't want to initialize the device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon