Visual voice mail for AT&T

dmorand

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the visual voice mail to work on AT&T? I tried setting mine up but I get a "Login Failed" error for incorrect number or PIN.

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
afaik visual voicemail is only available with iPhone. Google voice provides a similar functionality. But to my knowledge visual voicemail uses apples proprietary system that the carriers implement to support it. Which is why visual voicemail is not available for unlocked iPhone taken to unsupported carriers like tmobile.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile and just out of curiosity I searched play store for "t-mobile?. I was surprised to find Visual Voicemail for T-Mobile" as well as "TeleNav for T-Mobile" (navigation app which I had on my previous Sprint phone). I installed both and they are working fine.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
From what I gather, visual voicemail with AT&T is for LTE devices only, no experience with iphone but it looks like qreepii has some. I know my Note 2 has visual and my previous Lumia 900 had it but they were both on the LTE plan, even though we don't even have LTE here in my area.

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If your an AT&T customer, has an android phone, your phone has visual voicemail. Just go to the google pkaystore and search for visual voicemail. Download the app, however you might need for AT&T to change your data plan to one that supports visual voicemail. Most people already have this....that's it, your good to go.
Androids and apple devices both supports visual voicemail.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
The att visual voicemail app says it not compatible with your device

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Correct, I tried that last night. BTW, do they have LTE in Hagerstown? I'm right up from you in Chambersburg and it looks like it won't be here until sometime way into next year.

dmorand

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried to setup Google Voice to use that as my voice mail but when I try to enter in the code I get an "invalid MMI number" message on my phone. Has anyone else ran into that?

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Correct, I tried that last night. BTW, do they have LTE in Hagerstown? I'm right up from you in Chambersburg and it looks like it won't be here until sometime way into next year.

Nope not yet... I get pretty good HSPA+ speeds though... Sprint has turned on their LTE network here... Its not near as fast as AT&T's though...

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I tried to setup Google Voice to use that as my voice mail but when I try to enter in the code I get an "invalid MMI number" message on my phone. Has anyone else ran into that?

I think there is another thread about this here that has the answer

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hmm... maybe the app is not compatible and has not been updated to run on jelly bean?

i would like to find an answer too... i just received my nexus 4 in the mail today and i will be taking the sim from my iphone 4s with my iphone 4g unlimited plan and plugging it into my nexus until my contract runs out in may. so i will need to figure out how i am going to be able to either get visual voicemail working or at least figure out how to access my voicemail.

any info appreciated.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You should still be able to use standard voicemail if the visual voicemail does not work. If you are being told that your pin number is wrong, then it may have entered it wrong.

I picked up a nokia 920 windows phone and had the same issue. The phone kept telling me that my visual voicemail pin number was incorrect. I ended up having to reset my pin number and all was fine after that.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You should still be able to use standard voicemail if the visual voicemail does not work. If you are being told that your pin number is wrong, then it may have entered it wrong.

I picked up a nokia 920 windows phone and had the same issue. The phone kept telling me that my visual voicemail pin number was incorrect. I ended up having to reset my pin number and all was fine after that.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

How do you reset your pin?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roid.vvm&feature=search_result&token=kprDACBi.

I havent opened my nexus to play yet. but the description says only on lte for android... and says it doesnt work on wifi... so wondering if it will get away with working on HSPA+... because the sim i am going to use is from my iphone 4s which has had visual voicemail and working without lte.

So what is the answer? I'm running into this problem right now.

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roid.vvm&feature=search_result&token=8Orn3RQg.

I havent opened my nexus to play yet. but the description says only on lte for android... and says it doesnt work on wifi... so wondering if it will get away with working on HSPA+... because the sim i am going to use is from my iphone 4s which has had visual voicemail and working without lte.

I just tried to get the app on cell data but it still said that it wasn't compatible. I'm guessing that it's jelly bean.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I did run into it. Switched my Galaxy Nexus for Nexus 4. Got a new sim card to fit the new phone. No settings changed. I couldn't validate the activation number. I think what I did was go into Google voice on my phone and inactivate it, then activate the validation phone number (it went through) then re-activated Google Voice. Try that. It should work.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
not true. my buddy moved from his 4S to an LG Optimus G and he still has visual voicemail.
he installed the AT&T Messenger app and showed me.
While all the AT&T apps in the play store will say not compatible for my N4.
not sure if it's a Jelly Bean issue because his Optimus G came with ICS?
i mean we basically have the same hardware (except for LTE)

afaik visual voicemail is only available with iPhone. Google voice provides a similar functionality. But to my knowledge visual voicemail uses apples proprietary system that the carriers implement to support it. Which is why visual voicemail is not available for unlocked iPhone taken to unsupported carriers like tmobile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol