Uk Nexus 4 ordered on 4th December

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
you guys shouldnt be complaining, i ordered mine on: Dec 5, 2012 9:23:06 AM, and i got the 5-6 weeks shipping, ive emailed them many times asking about the situation, i got the automated reply saying it should be shipped by the evening of January 16:'( ive gotta wait a hella long time, plus i even emailed a long paragraph saying this and that and putting them down and i got this reply back, word for word:
Thank you for contacting us about the status of your order. I check on your order, and everything looks good. We are taking orders based on available inventory and are quoting timeframes based on when your order will ship. Packages ship within these timeframes based on the order in which they were received.
Your order will be shipped in the time frame quoted when when you placed your order if not sooner. This shipping timeframe also appears on your email order confirmation.

Thanks,

Jeremy
The Google Play Support Team

so yeah, i'm going to be waiting ALONGG timee:(

DrBoo

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my order on the 4th (5:07:43 PM GMT). I was in the 3 - 5 working days time-frame, still no answer from Google to when i'll receive it, order saying 'complete' now but has done for 2 days now. Useless!! Google support (0800 number) are incapable of telling me when it will be shipped (called them 8 times over the past week), i was told there was a computer error in the shipping department which meant all the 2 - 3 week orders were sent out first...... mine - along with many other people - may have to wait up to 4 - 6 weeks for the next batch to come in!!!!

anyone else had similar problem?

olliex11

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for a shipping confirmation (1-2 weeks from the 4th), although, like many others in the other UK orders thread, my order on the Play Store has gone from pending to pre-ordered. I'm going to take it that this means I won't see it before Christmas, but after the same kind of trouble with my N7 order, I don't really want to go through the mental test of trying to get a straight answer from Google

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
great news buddy.
i've been with google for over 30 mins on 0800 number and finaaly after bouncing me from rep to other, they told me that my order is nearly shipped and i might get it by this weekend.
fingers crossed.
fingerscrossed_80.png

Mozz_eyes

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered at 5:03 on the 4th. 3-5 delivery time on the email. Still no shipping number.

Getting a bit worried now as I'm leaving on the 20th. I'll be livid if it doesn't arrive byt then and it gets sent back.

TheSammyE

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered at 5:03 on the 4th. 3-5 delivery time on the email. Still no shipping number.

Getting a bit worried now as I'm leaving on the 20th. I'll be livid if it doesn't arrive byt then and it gets sent back.

In the same boat as you. except my situation is because the phone is being delivered to my place of work and that shuts up shop on the 21st. Really starting to get annoyed by it all.

Mozz_eyes

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, for anyone wondering about shipping if you ordered early, apparently so many of us ordered the first batch of phones that the shipping company is struggling to deliver them.

They have extended the 3-5 business days to 3 weeks. Just got off the phone to Google. As someone else in the thread said, they will be refunding the ?10 delivery cost, but I don't know if you have to specifically ring them to get your money back. Fingers crossed for delivery soon though. Might ring TNT to have a shout at them.

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this phone on the 4th at 5.07PM, as i wanted a Jellybean device, i didn't want to wait for the official version for my Galaxy Note, but at this rate I'll have it on my Note before this Nexus turns up, and sitting here looking at the 2 cases i have, isn't quite the same, and if the two cases from America and the one from China arrive, that's still not gonna be much help!!

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, for anyone wondering about shipping if you ordered early, apparently so many of us ordered the first batch of phones that the shipping company is struggling to deliver them.

They have extended the 3-5 business days to 3 weeks. Just got off the phone to Google. As someone else in the thread said, they will be refunding the ?10 delivery cost, but I don't know if you have to specifically ring them to get your money back. Fingers crossed for delivery soon though. Might ring TNT to have a shout at them.

Your joking??!!!

I've never dealt with such an incompetent company in all my life, and i deal with loads everyday with work.

I was hoping to get a new phone for xmas but its looking very unlikely, should have just ordered that Motorola razr i

Mayank Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on 4th as well and was quoted a 3-5 days wait but haven't got it yet :( . I contacted them and they had no clue why it hasn't been sent. Emailed them as well but they keep sending me an automated reply saying "Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email, after which it will take an additional two business days for your order to be delivered." I wonder how will I know an exact date for it. I shall also call them and ask for a ?10 refund.

jackhicks1976

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I think the gimps at google just went to the pile of orders and started fulfilling the ones on the top as opposed to the earliest ones at the bottom. I have just off the phone with Google 'support' (I use the term loosely) and have been told my phone is on back order and they are not expecting anymore phones for the next 3-5 WEEKS! I ordered at 17.07 on the 4th and was quoted in the email a delivery of 3-5 DAYS.
Only the other day Eric Schmidt was on about having a 'bigger pie'. He should sort out the pie he has before getting delusions of grandeure. I wonder what apple pie tastes like?.............

DrBoo

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

stevedo

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed my order has changed to pre-ordered (done 17:10, expect 1-2 weeks in the original email). Rang the 0800 and told that they're effectively out of available stock, if I haven't had it by now then it'll be mid January at the earliest. The refund of the 2day shipping charge is frankly expected and a minimum based on their botching of the buying process.

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed my order has changed to pre-ordered (done 17:10, expect 1-2 weeks in the original email). Rang the 0800 and told that they're effectively out of available stock, if I haven't had it by now then it'll be mid January at the earliest. The refund of the 2day shipping charge is frankly expected and a minimum based on their botching of the buying process.

Mine says pre-ordered too, mine was ordered at 5.07pm on the 4th, was supposed to be here in 1-2 weeks, not holding out to much hope though.

notdodgy

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Does not sound good.
If this is true, why have they not told us?

Why don't they have a blog / update page where they can inform customers of progress instead of all these emails requests and phone calls?
You can't even Google Google door updates!

Never mind free shipping, a play voucher and free case / bumper would be a suitable apology.

Roger

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Garry Clark

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had some attempt at a UPS delivery today and in their usual half arsed approach they just left a note instead of knocking on the door so I will get it on Monday. God damn it.

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Received this yesterday, I ordered at 5.07pm on the 4th with an estimated delivery of 1-2 weeks.

"Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting Google. I see that you are wondering if you will receive your Nexus 4 for the holidays. I would have the same concerns in this situation. I will do everything I can to keep you informed about the status of the device shipments.

Due to extremely high demand, the device is now on backorder. It is expected to be shipped out anywhere from 6 to 7 weeks after you made the purchase. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Kelly The Google Play Support Team"

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So basically we wont see it until mid january?

I think i will need to call them to find out whats happening, if it is true i'm cancelling and gettin the motorolar razr i, i've trully had enough.