Uk Nexus 4 ordered on 4th December

Ky13g

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed we are very lucky to be getting ours delivered so quickly, I ordered mine around 7pm on the 4th December and it was attempted to be delivered today!!!( I'm currently away in Essex 350miles from home so I missed out). But after a lot of looking about, people who ordered straight away around 5pm haven't heard anything, no shipping notice nothing. Just wondering what other people are experiencing so far with the December 4th batch of nexus 4 goodness.

notdodgy

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ordered around 10 minutes past 5.

Nothing from Google since the confirmation email.

Just tried ringing the number in the online sales advice and it does not work, no reply to an enquiry form either.

Found and called the 0800 number, but the nice lady had nothing to add over what was in the email.

Wonder what it will answer if I Google for Google?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 17.28 on 4th. Nothing yet with a call to Google having them tell me they haven't received the devices themselves yet...

Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

Tom1301

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 5:07pm and received confirmation email at 5:09pm. Both stated 1-2 weeks delivery and heard nothing yet, still marked as 'Pending' :'(

I want my first Android phone now!!!

EDIT: Just contacted Google to ask if the system is 'pot luck' or 'first come first served'. Definitely doesn't seem like the latter :(

Last edited:

Tom1301

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Just under 'Delivery Status' next to the product name and Quantity

GooglePlayOrder.png

Last edited:

Ky13g

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Same with my friend, he ordered around 6:30 and he's heard nothing, when breading the xda developers forum, it seems people who ordered straight away are getting after, people who ordered later on are getting them straight away. Seems unfair

Tom1301

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I contacted them last night and got a semi-generic response, not impressed at all with the date given as it's over the 1-2 week estimate on my order.

Copy of email below:

Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of 19-12-2012.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.

Tom1301

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well the evidence is stacking up that if you ordered earlier you get your phone later. Not exactly a promising first experience with Google and Android for me then :-[

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This is what i got

"Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of December 19.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.

For more information on shipping and delivery, please see this article in our help center:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2411789."

willowangel

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi I went onto the website on 4th December at about 7pm and noticed I could add to cart so I did...got a confirmation email saying delivery was 4-5 weeks...in the early hours of Thursday morning about 1am got a email to say its been shipped and phone came on Thursday! I am in the UK :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon