T-Mobile Micro Sim Question

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

So I finally, finally got my Nexus 4 in the mail today. Being excited, I rushed to a T-Mobile store to activate the phone on the $30 100 min/unlimited text and data plan. Sadly though, they can't activate that plan in-store. Then, I went to Wal-Mart, where you apparently can get that plan. Sadly though, they don't sell sim cards there.

I'm thinking tomorrow to just go back to the T-Mobile store and just buy any sim card, but personally just activate the $30 plan. Is that possible by any chance? I want to hurry up and start using this phone! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking tomorrow to just go back to the T-Mobile store and just buy any sim card, but personally just activate the $30 plan. Is that possible by any chance? I want to hurry up and start using this phone! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
You can do that, and it is easiest to activate the plan online. But in the store, they will charge you something like $10 for a Micro SIM card. If you order it online, it will cost you 99 cents, AND come with a pre-loaded balance of $3.34 (so for the first month, you will only spend $26.66).

Enjoy!

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
You can do that, and it is easiest to activate the plan online. But in the store, they will charge you something like $10 for a Micro SIM card. If you order it online, it will cost you 99 cents, AND come with a pre-loaded balance of $3.34 (so for the first month, you will only spend $26.66).

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip! Sadly though, I went to the store and found out that they don't sell a mico-SIM unless you activate the plan. I don't know if that's how it works everywhere, but I've been to two T-Mobile stores so far, and both said the same thing to me.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Buy the SIM card here Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, No Annual Contract | Monthly4G | T-Mobile Just $0.99 plus free shipping.

Shipping is really fast and the card should arrive in two business days. Once it arrives, just follow the instructions in the included materials to regsiter online.

PS: Make sure you power off your phone before installing the card. Turn phone on, hold the power button until pop up appears, select Power Off option. After installing SIM card, hold power button for several seconds until phone vibrates once, release button to boot phone.

Xelion

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Enjoy!

They were going to charge me $20 for a sim card so I left. Then walmart was like the OP said. Plus they couldn't fathom the possibility of how I got a phone without a sim card lol. Darn rednecks (and I can say that since I'm southern).

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I got lucky. I went to a T-Mobile store, and the guy activated the online plan for me. He said it was dumb why others wouldn't allow it anyway. I'm all set with my Nexus 4 now!

Tip - Call around and confirm with T-Mobile store that they will activate the specific $30 online plan for you.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I got lucky. I went to a T-Mobile store, and the guy activated the online plan for me. He said it was dumb why others wouldn't allow it anyway. I'm all set with my Nexus 4 now!

Tip - Call around and confirm with T-Mobile store that they will activate the specific $30 online plan for you.

They activated mine in store as well

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So you just walked in without a sim?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. I got the sim for free and got the plan activated. The guy that was working there was really nice though, so again it depends where you go (I went to one T-Mobile store where the sales rep basically immediately told me no lol).

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
They were going to charge me $20 for a sim card so I left. Then walmart was like the OP said. Plus they couldn't fathom the possibility of how I got a phone without a sim card lol. Darn rednecks (and I can say that since I'm southern).
Just order the SIM card online. It will cost you a buck, the shipping is free, and it will come in a couple of days. When you have it, follow the instructions and activate online.

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the micro sim online 8pm Wednesday night and added the Overnight shipping for $11.99 so I would have it before the weekend. My confirmation said it would arrive on Dec. 7th. It arrived today at 10:30 am, so their shipping estimates are pretty accurate.