(Poll) No problems with Nexus 4 or having to send it back already?

Was your phone a lemon

• Total voters

ZeroMGA

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just a simple poll to see how the good to bad ratio is stacking up for the Nexus 4.

I'm curious to see how many people have had bad Nexus 4's when they arrived. Poor speaker quality, screen issues, extremely poor battery life, etc.

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. Seems to have no problem except it did a reboot this morning. I have heard that is a problem too with this phone. lets see what happens.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Working fine so far. Some hiccups here and there but nothing major. I've dealt with android for a while so I know it's to be expected.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Not to say there aren't a few bugs here and there, but that doesn't make it a lemon. With the lists some sites have compiled in regards to 4.2 bugs, I'm going to wait to hear of an update from Google before anything. I don't believe I have any hardware issues with the phone.

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Only problem I've experienced so far is today I recorded a 2 minute video, afterwards the phone shut down and when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. It took about ten minutes and eventually the power button turned it back on.

Sent from my Nexus 4

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Only problem I've experienced so far is today I recorded a 2 minute video, afterwards the phone shut down and when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. It took about ten minutes and eventually the power button turned it back on.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Thats really strange because the same thing happened to me today, minus the video recording.

doug9000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maps stopped showing trafic today I had to reboot. Thats been my biggest problem so far. Don't think I'll rma it for that though. :)

flipflopp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got 2 16g N4. One for me and one for my wife. No issues with speaker, screen, or anything between the both of them. Just the slight rattle. That's all of them from what I've seen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ravi Venkatesh

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
My Google Nexus 4 shows version as 4.2.1, has been updated twice since I got the phone around 16 Nov. The issue I have is that when I make a call - the screen goes off. I cannot hang up or switch apps when on a call. If the call does not go through, I have to wait for the phone line to finish its messages before I can get the screen back. Using the on/off button does not seem to make a difference.

Anyone else have this issue?

rkohou

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you installed the screen on the phone as I did (bestskinsever ETC) thick ones kind of rubberized clear plastic you will have the issue with the proximity sensor thinking your face is glued to the phone at all times. You need to peal off the protector and cut out a piece of it on the opposite side of the front camera so it doesn't cover the sensor.You can also test this by getting the AndroSensor app and checking the Proximity in that app. If it reads 0.0 in at all times you have an issue. If you peal of the skin(protector) it will read 2in. Hope it helps.

ZeroMGA

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
That's not a bad ratio though, which is what I'm hoping to establish, of good:bad. While not technically translatable, lemon that is, to a phone; in my opinion if you're having to get a replacement after getting your initial new phone - it pretty much means it's suffering from more than just normal Android problems.

But 36 new and okay versus 3 bad isn't too horrible. It's a shame for those who did suffer a bad device, but I'm hoping this also alleviates some concerns that all of them are having issues. That whole "you only hear the bad stories" paradigm.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought my wifi was broken when it first got here. I seriously considered calling google to send it back. It would take sometimes 10 mins to handoff from mobile data to wifi. Prob was with my router...had a spare lying around, so I switched and now it hands off almost instantly. Everything else is all good.

bdavis89

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The bottom left of my screen has a yellow hue compared to the top right corner. Can't tell most of the time unless its a white screen or if the keyboard is up (left side of the keyboard is yellowish while the right is white). Would you guys get an exchange?

I was thinking of exchanging it after I get back from vacation on the 24th of Dec, but that'd be after the 15 days..do they disable your phone or can you still use it until you get the new one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol