HELP !: Lost sim tray ejector

tuukka87

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, So I had the the sim tray ejector , used it to pop in my at&t sim card. Now, I am switching to t-mobile, and need to put in the t-mobile card and I cant find the ejector anywhere. I have tried a paper clip, iphone sim ejector etc and nothing will pop it out. Any suggestions ?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You should just need a long, thin piece of metal. Try a different paper clip, or take a needle and blunt the tip. If that doesn't work, I'd just take it in to a phone store and see if they can pop it out for you.

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So I had the the sim tray ejector , used it to pop in my at&t sim card. Now, I am switching to t-mobile, and need to put in the t-mobile card and I cant find the ejector anywhere. I have tried a paper clip, iphone sim ejector etc and nothing will pop it out. Any suggestions ?

A push pin or thin needle might do the trick?

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think a paper clip would be too big.

A pin or needle should work.

If you don't have anything, go to a department store and the men's department will have plenty for the taking in any dressing room from people trying on dress shirts. (Sorry if that sounds creepy, but it happened to occur to me. :) )

ocostich

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

You've had a lot of suggestions. Unfortunately none of them work. Even a straight pin is too big. I tired paper clips of all sizes, sewing needles, pins of all kinds, and my Nexus 7 tool. And here's the distressing thing. LG doesn't have any of the OEM ones available. They make the hole so small nothing else fits and then can't supply. AT least they can tell you something. Google support for devices is limited to morons who can only tell you to send the whole thing back for replacement. They didn't even have a phone number for LG in case you need repair or parts. Google needs to rethink actually trying to handle the sale of devices on their own.

And now the good news. My wife had an earring that the back pin was small enough to work if you pushed it very hard into the hole.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You've had a lot of suggestions. Unfortunately none of them work. Even a straight pin is too big. I tired paper clips of all sizes, sewing needles, pins of all kinds, and my Nexus 7 tool. And here's the distressing thing. LG doesn't have any of the OEM ones available. They make the hole so small nothing else fits and then can't supply. [.....]
I discovered a few weeks ago that I'd lost my ejector when I went to switch Straight Talk SIM from T-Mobile to AT&T.

I tried bending open a small safety pin I had, which I think came from my dry cleaner, then just jammed its point into hole. Worked great.

A straight pin would be even thinner than the safety pin I had, so not sure why one of those wouldn't work.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I first picked up my phone secondhand I discovered the SIM ejector was gone but by luck figured out that a mechanical pencil (had one in the glove box) worked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I never even used the OEM one. Had a rubber coated paperclip, bit the coating off the end, used it do pop open my iPhone 4s sim tray, opened Nexus 4 tray, transfer, done, look into Nexus 4 box, oh look a sim tray ejector. Just left it in there because I like all original items with the box when I go to sell it.

So moral is paperclips do work, but as has been stated earlier come in different sizes (gauges). Better than a pin because it isn't sharp.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
A staple will work, too, after it's been straightened. I had to do that to open an iPhone SIM tray when my N4 SIM ejector was too short to do the job.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX