way transfer contacts from sim to new phone

bankmaggot

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there an easy way to transfer all my contact from current phone to nexus 4? My current phone uses normal size sim, no internet access. Nexus is my first smart phone.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
the best way is to put all your contacts in Google contacts, set it once and they will always sync to whatever phone you will use. there might be other ways, but i think Google contacts is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
importsim.jpg

:)

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
but doesn't he need a sim cutter just to fit the SIM into the phone?

Good point, I didn't spot that part, yeah he will need it cut down to a micro SIM size, I assumed he had a way to get the new SIM in the phone to then import the contacts. But, if not I'd recommend copying them into the Google account and let it sync, suppose it all depends on how many contacts he has.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Good point, I didn't spot that part, yeah he will need it cut down to a micro SIM size, I assumed he had a way to get the new SIM in the phone to then import the contacts. But, if not I'd recommend copying them into the Google account and let it sync, suppose it all depends on how many contacts he has.

yeah, inputting it to his Google account probably the best way to go. Maybe little troublesome the first time, but he won't have to worry again after. every time he gets a new phone, all the contacts are synced.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Sound like this would do it:
  1. Get SIM cutter and Adapter
  2. Cut SIM, put it in the NEXUS 4
  3. Import into Google contacts
  4. If for some reason you need to put SIM back into the original phone, use the adapter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1