Good Battery Life Report

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Please post ONLY screen shots of decent or better?

List your setting:
Display Brightness
GPS On or Off
Wifi On or Off
Bluetooth On or Off

Screen on time?
Describe (BRIEFLY) your average day use?

What apps you use the most?

Those who have below decent battery life refrain from posting in this thread.

The point thread is to get other side of the perspective of the battery life and please refrain to start debate on peoples perspective.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My battery life after my first full day is awesome! I'm not messing with pictures or a list of all my apps (mostly because I don't really care if anyone believes me or not), but battery life is better than my extended battery was on my Galaxy Nexus. I got the phone on Thursday, unlocked it, installed all my apps and set up my screens, then charged it overnight. On Friday, I used the phone all day, some on wifi, some on hasp+, made calls, dicked around with getting GrooveIP set up and tested, listened to about 4 hours of an audio book while working, constantly had the screen on while driving anywhere (to see how my signal was...new to TMo...signal stayed great everywhere I went), and when I went to bed around midnight, I still had 35% battery left. I should add that I have everything turned on at all times (wifi, gps, location services) and run 4 different weather app that update every 30 minutes to an hour). What's the point of having a smart phone if you're going to turn all the goodies off? Some people are just idiots and download all kinds of crap apps (life free mp3 music download apps from china and other chinese apps that show the hottest scantily clad aisian girl of the day...keep in mind that china is a communist country that hates America) that are poorly written and eat up the phones power plant. Then they complain about the phones battery and the phone rebooting itself.

That's all I need from a cell phones battery! I'm ecstatic!

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Conditioning the battery is key to getting good battery life, unless your phone is defective.

Always charge phone when it is most drained, in other words, don't stick it on the charger everytime it needs just a little charge, wait for it to drain down considerably but not so much it shuts down.

You continue to do this for a week or two and it conditions the battery and you for decent life of the battery.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Conditioning the battery is key to getting good battery life, unless your phone is defective.

Always charge phone when it is most drained, in other words, don't stick it on the charger everytime it needs just a little charge, wait for it to drain down considerably but not so much it shuts down.

You continue to do this for a week or two and it conditions the battery and you for decent life of the battery.
This is what I have heard as well, but I have also heard that for modern batteries, it doesn't matter how often you charge it. I'm paranoid about battery life, though. Lol. But I have to say I'm happy with the Nexus 4's battery performance. I have auto brightness on, and last night i watched two hours of streaming video while working out at the gym (signal is weak inside, so it has to constantly get better network - I was actually surprised it got good enough of a data connection to play streaming video), and before that it was connected by bluetooth to my car with media playing (but not streaming), after I left work, where it was connected to a charger. Also a fair amount of texting, emailing, etc. The phone after this was down to 25% of battery, which, after 2 hours of streaming video plus the other stuff, I don't mind at all.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1355002774568.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1355002808450.jpg
This was my battery last night. Listened to music for@ 2hrs. Played a game for a couple minutes. And the rest was normal phone stuff texting and light web surfing. Love the battery on this phone. My old evo couldn't last 8hrs with light use

Sent from my Nexus 4

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

That advice isn't really applicable to newer batteries. Basically, stop fretting, don't run it down to zero, to up as needed and you'll be OK.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Key information for the 90's.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
This is what I have heard as well, but I have also heard that for modern batteries, it doesn't matter how often you charge it. I'm paranoid about battery life, though. Lol. But I have to say I'm happy with the Nexus 4's battery performance. I have auto brightness on, and last night i watched two hours of streaming video while working out at the gym (signal is weak inside, so it has to constantly get better network - I was actually surprised it got good enough of a data connection to play streaming video), and before that it was connected by bluetooth to my car with media playing (but not streaming), after I left work, where it was connected to a charger. Also a fair amount of texting, emailing, etc. The phone after this was down to 25% of battery, which, after 2 hours of streaming video plus the other stuff, I don't mind at all.

People say it doesn't matter but its been proven to help

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
3:15 for screen time. Forgot to capture it. Brightness at 0 or 10% max. Music stream for about 2 hours. The rest was internet usage and a lot if texting and about 20 minutes of phone calls

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355030096445.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355030096445.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 57

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
i got a little over 2 hours today of screen on time at about 40% brightness. it was the first time the phone was turned on from the factory, so lots of downloading, setting up, texting and messing around in apps. the battery started about 60% from the time i turned the phone on for the first time. No wifi, everything else stock. synced with all accounts immediately for instant updates (facebook, twitter, instagram and gmail)

Felt like it will end up lasting me very well. I was afraid after the vocal minority of people with horrible battery life, but 2+ hours of screen on time with downloading and everything at only 60% was pretty good. I also did some HD youtube streaming in that time. I expect to have a little over 4 hours after a full charge, and I plan on bringing the brightness down a bit. 40% on the nexus 4 is like 80% brightness on my girlfriends iphone 4s.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Better every day

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355041977541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355041977541.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 48

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
3:15 for screen time. Forgot to capture it. Brightness at 0 or 10% max. Music stream for about 2 hours. The rest was internet usage and a lot if texting and about 20 minutes of phone calls

Better every day

10hr and 43min with 3hr screen time is good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Better every day!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355077743390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355077743390.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 39

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Really interested to see what I get since I spend most week 12 hour out of the day at work I have access to a charger but would really like device to last me throughout my work day. I get about 10hr out my TB but can get only half that if I am not care full all this is on 3G basically from moderate to heavy use. I constantly check Google Currents and reading articles sporadically through out the day. The app I use the most is Pandora and Spottily which I know is heavy on the battery and kind have bad habit of leaving the screen on to change stations or skip songs. Poor battery life is due mainly on me but having the infamous TB does not help.

I really want have exceptional battery life but realistically want to have couple more hours over my TB would make a world of difference for me.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Not too shabby I'd say.

ujysu4at.jpg

zy4e4u5y.jpg

yzymabup.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Basscase, you didn't leave your house for almost 24 hours?
No...I was at the bar last night for a while...Not sure why there is no break in wi-fi reporting. Maybe I connected to their free wifi and didn't realize? The bar is within walking distance to my house, so it's literally 2 minutes away. FWIW I turn off syncing at night. So last night from about 1am to 8am sync was off. But, that's my real daily usage.

21hrs is that real?
No. I Photoshopped it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173