Just Curious?

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This is my first phone event, I am new to this and ever since this phone has been released, I have seen quite a number of defects and problems surrounding this phone.

I am asking now is, how many people have witnessed a phone event and so many problems surrounding these phones.

How long/waves/batches does it usually take before most of the problems with these phones are usually fixed, I plan to buy the N4 around a month from now, and I want to know if that would be sufficient time for most problems people are having now to be addressed and fixed by LG.

I know not everything is a hardware malfunction, they could be OS problems developing from JB itself, how long will that take before Google addresses these problems too?

Last edited:

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This is my first phone event, I am not new to this and ever since this phone has been released, I have seen quite a number of defects and problems surrounding this phone.

I am asking now is, how many people have witnessed a phone event and so many problems surrounding these phones.

How long/waves/batches does it usually take before most of the problems with these phones are usually fixed, I plan to buy the N4 around a month from now, and I want to know if that would be sufficient time for most problems people are having now to be addressed and fixed by LG.

I know not everything is a hardware malfunction, they could be OS problems developing from JB itself, how long will that take before Google addresses these problems too?

This is my first Android event that i follow and first Android phone that i bought (still waiting for it) but if you look at Apple and Blackberry for example then you can see that bugs/problems after release is something very common. Software updates released often to fix several software problems/bugs. Even after the first batch of phones sold they probably fixed some problems and next people to buy the phone will get it a bit better.

That's my 2 cents :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Most of the bugs that are actually bugs and are fixable will be fixed in the first month or so. At least they usually are.

All the "bugs" that are getting reported though really don't seem to be bugs to me. A few have bad units and that's not uncommon but largely I haven't seen or heard of anything that sounds like a bug. Everyone always complains about the screen and the battery every time a phone is released but they arent really problem, they just aren't as good as people always hope for.

4.2.1 fixed the big issues and I'm sure we'll see another OTA soon that'll clean up any others.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
When I was keeping track, my major concern was the over heating the units were getting and even seen where the battery had swollen up to a point of cracking the glass, but really the guy could have made that up, but why come to the conclusion the guy lied, he may have honestly thought that happened, he did say it was as hot as flames from a stove....more like hot to touch and way hotter than just being warm.

Yes over heating was my concern.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When I was keeping track, my major concern was the over heating the units were getting and even seen where the battery had swollen up to a point of cracking the glass, but really the guy could have made that up, but why come to the conclusion the guy lied, he may have honestly thought that happened, he did say it was as hot as flames from a stove....more like hot to touch and way hotter than just being warm.

Yes over heating was my concern.

I believe that if you see just one complain about a problem then it's either not 100% accurate OR just a problem with one specific device. Otherwise you would see more and more people complain about it.

I would suggest focusing on problems/bugs that's been posted/published by a lot of people and not 1 or 2.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I actually have seen 15-20 problems with overheating which is also related to charging battery from this forum as well as XDA, but this guy had stood out because he was supposed to be some kind of admin from another site.

O.k, that's a different story. I personally didnt see any complaints about overheating really.

Any of those people have any idea why it happens?

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have been keeping a close eye out on the problems with this phone, this forum here wants to give that a blind eye to these problems and scorn anybody who brings them up, but XDA forums are riddled with user input.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Browse the forums as much as I do... every phone is terrible, there has never been a good launch, nothing but defective units, overheating, terrible battery life, noise crackling, bad displays, horrible radios, etc etc etc etc... Literally every single device launch.

Yet in the last year I have gone from the Droid Bionic to Verizon Galaxy Nexus to Nexus 4, also getting the Nexus 7 on the side. Every one was from the launch batch of devices as well.. and I haven't had one single issue. So either I am incredibly lucky with my tech purchases, or the forums are places the small minority with issues come to complain and make everyone else think the sky is falling. I know what I believe :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Browse the forums as much as I do... every phone is terrible, there has never been a good launch, nothing but defective units, overheating, terrible battery life, noise crackling, bad displays, horrible radios, etc etc etc etc... Literally every single device launch.

Yet in the last year I have gone from the Droid Bionic to Verizon Galaxy Nexus to Nexus 4, also getting the Nexus 7 on the side. Every one was from the launch batch of devices as well.. and I haven't had one single issue. So either I am incredibly lucky with my tech purchases, or the forums are places the small minority with issues come to complain and make everyone else think the sky is falling. I know what I believe :)

Exactly, it's weird how when you look for problems you tend to find them.

The N4 doesn't have any more problems being reported than any other phone. In fact, based on the chatter I think it actually has fewer than seems to be typical for a new device.

Either way, the OP wanted to know how long before things get the kinks worked out, usually about a month.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke