Nexus 4, Google Wallet & T Mobile

LenP

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Nexus 4 and Google wallet isn't working. I've tried it twice. The setup is done and the app seems to be working. I can open the app and switch between credit cards. The NFC works with beam. Is it the network? I'm on T Mobile.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had some issues setting it up as well but it worked when I tried it at a store. If you are having problems putting in your card just keep trying, if you have your card in Google wallet then just select the card and when your ready to pay unlock Wallet and touch the pay pass. You need to have the card selected or it will decline your transaction.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

chrisb73

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I can't even set it up. Keeps force closing before I can set it up. The version I have is 1.5-R81-v4. Anyone having the same problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I can't even set it up. Keeps force closing before I can set it up. The version I have is 1.5-R81-v4. Anyone having the same problem?

That's an old version, open the play store and update wallet. Most current version (as of typing this) is 1.5-R87-v15

chrisb73

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That's an old version, open the play store and update wallet. Most current version (as of typing this) is 1.5-R87-v15

That is the version on my nexus 7. There is not an update for my Nexus 4 even uninstall and reinstall but know luck

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
My colleague is using his Nexus 4 on T-Mobile and Wallet works properly.

Oddly, he had to actually disconnect from the WiFi network @ work before Wallet would initialize. However, it has worked flawlessly since.

Dan

chrisb73

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I got it to work. Forgot to mention I'm on Cm 10.1, had to restore the wallet application that came stock with the phone. I got it set up now I have to test it at a store. Thanks for the help.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Let us know how you make out since apparently wallet will not work with rooted phones
Wallet works fine on rooted phones. As of March of 2012 you'll get a yellow banner on top of the app on rooted phones which states "Unsupported Device" but that means exactly what it says, you won't receive any support from Google in regards to transactions, errors, issues, bugs, a rogue app stealing data, etc. The overall functionality remains, but you're on your own if anything hits the fan. Think of it like rooting your phone, the phone still works, but in regards to OEM support or warranty .... no go.

LenP

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
OK. Just tried to make a purchase at a CVS in NYC. My N4 did vibrate but said the transaction didn't work. I just got off the phone with Google Wallet support - they confirmed that unlocked phones are supported. They elevated my non working issue. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I've deleted the wallet data and reloaded. I'll try another purchase tomorrow.

Xelion

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
OK. Just tried to make a purchase at a CVS in NYC. My N4 did vibrate but said the transaction didn't work. I just got off the phone with Google Wallet support - they confirmed that unlocked phones are supported. They elevated my non working issue. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I've deleted the wallet data and reloaded. I'll try another purchase tomorrow.

There is a new type of sim card that can possibly cause problems with NFC. I'd call and ask t-mobile to see if they can tell you whether you have an ISIS capable SIM or old school SIM.

Google Wallet NFC conflict fix : nexus4

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So this thread got me curious, so I setup my Google Wallet and headed to Walgreens to buy a few things lol. It worked like a charm! The Register girl said she never saw anyone pay with their phone before...

And Yes, I am on T-Mobile Pre Paid Monthly 4G $30 plan.

LenP

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This is a helpful article. I checked the plastic sim card case and didn't find anything that suggested ISIS. According to the sim card photo link embedded in the article, I have a regular SIM. From earlier today, the message i got after trying to use GW was "The last transaction might not have been successful, ask the clerk if it went through."

I'm going to try a purchase again tomorrow.

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I am also a T-Mobile customer, and so far I have not been able to get Google Wallet to work to make a purchase via PayPass. It worked perfectly on my Galaxy Nexus, so I expected no trouble with my N4. Granted, I only tried once at CVS. The phone recognized the terminal, but the transaction would not go through. I checked with the local T-Mobile store to see if I had an ISIS SIM card, and they assured me that I did not (then again, the rep also told me that BodyGlove makes an N4 case, which was wrong). All I can do is try again at another terminal; perhaps there was an issue with CVS that one time. I thought about cutting my old SIM to micro size, since I know GW worked with that one, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of re-activating.

andyferg

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I used is successfully : t-mob, not rooted, everything pretty much "out of the box". (For now...). No clue about my Sim, but its over a year old and was just cut.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance