Im unhappy but not sure if i should be

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello AC. glad to join the forum.

i just left the apple cult (iphone 4s) and i got a nexus 4. i just started using it yesterday so this is day 2 and i have the buzzing issue. its really hard to hear but it is there. So not only do i have the buzzing issue, i noticed the rattling....only because i found out about it online. Im really happy about owning a nexus 4 but i'm really upset that i have a faulty model and feel it will only get worst in due time and i'm wondering if i should RMA it or return it for money back?

That means i have to find a replacement phone asap, (dont know which phone to get to close to nexus 4 experience)
or i could just RMA it and hope the next model is better.....im scared it wont be.

ALSO! i bought two nexus 4 16gb. one for me and one for my dad. He lives in a different state from me. will he have issues trying to return it? or will i have to do it

i could really use the opinion and help im lost and a little upset.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

i just left the apple cult (iphone 4s) and i got a nexus 4. i just started using it yesterday so this is day 2 and i have the buzzing issue. its really hard to hear but it is there. So not only do i have the buzzing issue, i noticed the rattling....only because i found out about it online. Im really happy about owning a nexus 4 but i'm really upset that i have a faulty model and feel it will only get worst in due time and i'm wondering if i should RMA it or return it for money back?

That means i have to find a replacement phone asap, (dont know which phone to get to close to nexus 4 experience)
or i could just RMA it and hope the next model is better.....im scared it wont be.

ALSO! i bought two nexus 4 16gb. one for me and one for my dad. He lives in a different state from me. will he have issues trying to return it? or will i have to do it

I might be wrong, but I thought the buzzing was on all Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4's? Not just faulty ones.

Also, can you clarify when this happens? Is it only during calls? When listening to voicemails? music?

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
well the buzzing is there when the phone is on during or not during calls. also, whenever i am in my car and i plug my Aux cable in, the volume is very very low....not like when i put headphones in. and when i plug in the aux cable while charging my phone. SOOOO MUCH STATIC.

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
By the way, if you drop your phone, the glass may shatter!!! You should give it a go ;)
are you unhappy with it too? the only reason i went with nexus is because i want those updates without flashing roms and good hardware. im under the impression it wont get better if i get a replacement.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
are you unhappy with it too? the only reason i went with nexus is because i want those updates without flashing roms and good hardware. im under the impression it wont get better if i get a replacement.

Can you try wifi calling (install skype and they'll give you one free call to a landline or mobile phone) and see if the buzzing is also there for a wifi call?

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
........i could try it...but im nursing a severe headache so im too lazy to do all that. but im sure it will be there because the buzzing is there even when im not making phone calls. right now the screen is black and i will still hear the buzzing sound. the buzzing sound is constant...its really not that audible but i dont wanna walk around with a defective model =/ and i wonder if exchanging it will be worth it

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
so i called to get a replacement. i have a year warranty so it cant hurt. worst comes to worst i buy something else. i love my phone and dont want anything else. I hate touchwiz so no galaxy phones even though they are great...im just picky like that and i dont wanna return to apple again.

I understand they're gonna be software quirks since im a beta tester but i fear im having hardware issues.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
........i could try it...but im nursing a severe headache so im too lazy to do all that. but im sure it will be there because the buzzing is there even when im not making phone calls. right now the screen is black and i will still hear the buzzing sound. the buzzing sound is constant...its really not that audible but i dont wanna walk around with a defective model =/ and i wonder if exchanging it will be worth it

Aha! That actually might explain the buzzing. Maybe you should have a little rest and attack the problem a little later on.

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the same pickle as you. My Nexus has a ton of issues right now. But if return it, I don't know if I want a replacement, knowing it may have the same exact problems. I need my phone. I use it on a daily basis, and not just for multimedia. With calendar, docs, etc... It helps me be organized with my life, classes, work, etc...

I just don't think this phone can fill that role if it just continually has problems.

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
well if you return you get to keep your phone until the replacement comes in...so you kinda cant lose. if your replacement then return it again you have warranty lol. i depend on my phone also. but i feel like im returning my phone because im being picky. realized my iphone also rattles. so im gonna go with the theory that the rattle is the autofocus camera. the buzzing sound is very low but i can still hear it so i assume its just i got unlucky. as for when im in my car using aux while charging is a big issue. but im sure its because im using a cheap charger. im gonna test it now and come back with a verdict

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people are having the issue and people just returned it. I don't know if this will help but use headphones during the call I guess, I don't think there is much of another solution if you have this problem right now

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people are having the issue and people just returned it. I don't know if this will help but use headphones during the call I guess, I don't think there is much of another solution if you have this problem right now

headphones while calling is perfect i tried it yesterday. im gonna remain hopeful. even though im in the process of getting a replacement. i dont want any other phone right now.

AND I CONFIRMED IT. There is definitely a shielding issue. The phone is picking up some kind of interference. When i plug my phone into the standard usb port in my car and then use the aux cable in my car i hear no feedback in my car BUT my phone wont charge due to the lack of AC. so when i plug my phone into the official Car Charger while using aux there is so much feedback. and also! the volume is low using the aux.

so i have faith that google will recognize this issue and some kind of recall if it turns out my replacement still has the same issue.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
headphones while calling is perfect i tried it yesterday. im gonna remain hopeful. even though im in the process of getting a replacement. i dont want any other phone right now.

AND I CONFIRMED IT. There is definitely a shielding issue. The phone is picking up some kind of interference. When i plug my phone into the standard usb port in my car and then use the aux cable in my car i hear no feedback in my car BUT my phone wont charge due to the lack of AC. so when i plug my phone into the official Car Charger while using aux there is so much feedback. and also! the volume is low using the aux.

so i have faith that google will recognize this issue and some kind of recall if it turns out my replacement still has the same issue.

I had a problem with my ipod touch 3rd a while back where when I put it near electronic or sockets, there would be some sort of feedback or crackling sound while listening through the headphones. Not sure if that has anything to do with your cause but it's something I guess

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

my n4 has the exact same things you described. 16GB nexus with earpiece noises and rattle. although, i must say that the rattle sound is so quiet that its not a problem at all for me. the earpiece noise is what bothers me. I just requested for a replacement, but honestly don't know if that was the right decision because I'm afraid that i'll end up with one even worse... I'll have to wait and see. worst situation: we have to keep getting replacements until we dont get a faulty device. annoying, I know, but let's hope we get lucky.

Last edited:

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
well if you return you get to keep your phone until the replacement comes in...so you kinda cant lose. if your replacement then return it again you have warranty lol. i depend on my phone also. but i feel like im returning my phone because im being picky. realized my iphone also rattles. so im gonna go with the theory that the rattle is the autofocus camera. the buzzing sound is very low but i can still hear it so i assume its just i got unlucky. as for when im in my car using aux while charging is a big issue. but im sure its because im using a cheap charger. im gonna test it now and come back with a verdict

my rattling for my n4 only happens when i turn it from front to back, but it really doesn't bother me, so i'm not going to call it an "issue". the "crackling, buzzing" annoying sound from the earpiece is definitely there, especially if the call volume is loud. not a deal breaker, but if others say they don't have it, and since google is willing to replace it, I thought might as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy