Best way to show off your Nexus 4?

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If someone asks "whoah! You have a Nexus4?!?!? Sweet! Can I check it out?" You say "Sure, have at it" and hand it over. Done. No need to showboat...unless you're a douche.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess. Then there are the normal people that like to have nice things and "show them off" to other people. Sure, senior citizens don't care much, but that's another story. They are allowed to not care.

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess. Then there are the normal people that like to have nice things and "show them off" to other people. Sure, senior citizens don't care much, but that's another story. They are allowed to not care.

Who buys stuff to show it off? How shallow are you? I get what I want for myself and I could give a crap what people like

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Who buys stuff to show it off? How shallow are you? I get what I want for myself and I could give a crap what people like

Yeah you are totally right. No one said ANYTHING about buying it just to show off. You buy it cause YOU like it. Being able to show it off is a plus. You buy a lambo cause you want it...the stares that come with it are just gonna happen whether you like it or not.

HeyBob

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
What about apps? Any suggestions on cool apps that push the phone's capabilities?

I was thinking GTA3 or something along those lines.... something that gets the 'damn, that's pretty cool'?

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you are totally right. No one said ANYTHING about buying it just to show off. You buy it cause YOU like it. Being able to show it off is a plus. You buy a lambo cause you want it...the stares that come with it are just gonna happen whether you like it or not.

Pretty accurate. I bought my mustang because I wanted it in grabber blue because that's what I wanted. I didn't go there thinking hmmmm how am I gonna show those off that's just lame. Same thing with my SGS3 or nexus 7 I didn't buy it to show it off

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On behalf of some under-aged members of this forum, I state the following with the pretense of raising confidence in the younger members. Not all under aged teenagers as I are tech-fanatics and aren't sucked into such pretenses with his or her companions. Man, that was really formal. Well to dumb it down, I'm not like what you said about (showing off and being a dick about it) and i'm 16.

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
On behalf of some under-aged members of this forum, I state the following with the pretense of raising confidence in the younger members. Not all under aged teenagers as I are tech-fanatics and aren't sucked into such pretenses with his or her companions. Man, that was really formal. Well to dumb it down, I'm not like what you said about (showing off and being a dick about it) and i'm 16.

Good on you

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
There's really nothing extraordinary (other than photosphere) to show off about the N4 right now. It's an exceptional phone, but so are the Galaxy S3 and many others. That said, if I were so inclined, I'd be looking forward to about 2 years down the road to demonstrating how my N4 (if I still have it) will have 'just' been upgraded to 'Macaroon' or whatever that rendition will be, while people who'd bought their phones just a few month prior to that future time will still be stuck on 'Key Lime.'

Best thing about the N4, imo, is that even when its hardware starts to fall notably behind other more newly released phones, its overall value will still generally leapfrog them as it receives major software updates faster and beyond those its competitors will receive.

doug9000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm secure with my phone purchase and don't need to seek the envy of others to validate what a good phone I have. Just a smile of content on my part is all I need.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So you got your brand new N4 and want to show it off to your friends.....

What do you show them first? And what get's the 'wow - that's pretty cool'?

Are there any features of the phone that are best of show? How about apps that really pop? Or something that no other phone can do, perhaps photosphere?

Competing systems are Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone5.

I've got my Nexus 4 and I'm looking for ideas that are sure to cause phone envy.

If you do that in my neighborhood, someone just might decide to make your phone his.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo