Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

Are you 100% sure your n4 doesn't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

• Total voters

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you 100% sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

I hear some buzzing from the screen if I listen really closely with minimal ambient noise. But if I move my ear up to the speaker I hear nothing. Honestly it sounds like the sound a lot of screens make.

by speaker you mean earpiece right? if so, then you're in the clear

Xelion

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you 100% sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

by speaker you mean earpiece right? if so, then you're in the clear

Assuming by earpiece we mean the one built into the phone and not some earbud, then yep. No static/buzzing there.

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

No buzzing sound noticed even after reading all the reports

Sent from my Nexus 4

ecpolo521

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

I can only here it faintly when putting the phone to my ear. Otherwise, no biggie.

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I can only hear two things from my N4 earpiece, jack and s**t. So no issues for me. In other news, TV's, lights, and a host of other electrical items that carry current can have low hums, buzzing, or crackling. However, two cans and a string do not exhibit this issue. ;)

zulugod

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I have buzzing coming from the earpiece but it's not an issue for me.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I can only hear two things from my N4 earpiece, jack and s**t. So no issues for me. In other news, TV's, lights, and a host of other electrical items that carry current can have low hums, buzzing, or crackling. However, two cans and a string do not exhibit this issue. ;)

just ordered my cans and string from amazon :p

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

No I haven't been actively reading the forums

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

It just sounds hollow to me, you know kind of like when you put a sea shell up to your ear. I don't notice anything on calls.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site

That "buzzing and clicking" noise from the earpiece is cell network static not the earpiece. Just tested today by playing a downloaded podcast through the earpiece and same noises did not happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bartolo5

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Mine is always buzzing but you have to pay a lot of attention. Not really an issue for me but I wonder if it's taking battery juice.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Has a cause of the buzzing been determined? I have been noticing it more and more with my phone. At first it was only very soft but it seems to have gotten slightly louder, although the volume of the buzzing seems to vary and is intermittent. I don't plan on trying to get a replacement, but it is a bit annoying at times.

rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I have had this phone for two months now and have not noticed that I have a buzz in the earpiece until today. Mainly because I never sat there and listened to my phone while not on a call. Much like the rattling from shaking the phone, for me its not a problem. I have not noticed any of these "issues" until someone else brought it up.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Has a cause of the buzzing been determined? I have been noticing it more and more with my phone. At first it was only very soft but it seems to have gotten slightly louder, although the volume of the buzzing seems to vary and is intermittent. I don't plan on trying to get a replacement, but it is a bit annoying at times.

i went through some replacements trying to get one without the buzzing, but all of them had it. i'm just dealing with it now, it never was a huge deal to begin with but it can get kind of annoying.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I have had this phone for two months now and have not noticed that I have a buzz in the earpiece until today. Mainly because I never sat there and listened to my phone while not on a call. Much like the rattling from shaking the phone, for me its not a problem. I have not noticed any of these "issues" until someone else brought it up.

i would have never thought the rattle thing was an "issue" but i think i would have eventually noticed the buzzing thing even if someone else didnt bring it up

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Nexus 4 -- no
Galaxy Nexus -- yes
iPhone 4 -- yes
Galaxy S II -- yes
Galaxy Note -- yes
Vibrant -- no
Vibrant 4G -- no
One X -- no
One S -- yes
Nexus One -- no
Nexus S -- no

And OP is right. I would have never noticed it in any of the phones until someone told me to check.
Jerry it could also be that that family of bees living in your beard come out every now and again and are infiltrating your phone. :)

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

I still don't hear anything (had since 12-13-12). What exactly do you do to scope it out?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I still don't hear anything (had since 12-13-12). What exactly do you do to scope it out?

you just have to listen.... but as shown on the poll many dont have it so looks like your good bro :)

Miffo

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

What happened then - did anyone try for a replacement?

I get a buzzing but only during a phone call - it's a buzzing that comes out at the same time as any sound. It's like something is vibrating with the sound.

It's finally started to irritate me enough to start the replacement procedure even though I'm not sure if it'll be any better. Worth a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois