Voicemail options on ST-ATT

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from Sprint to ST using AT&T. I was using Youmail as my voicemail provider on Sprint. I'm trying to set it up on my new phone and service, but I'm not sure if I need to pick AT&T as the carrier, or should I choose AT&T-Cingular? I'm assuming that Youmail will work on ST-AT&T. Is anyone else using this service, or is everyone using Google Voice?

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The one cheesy thing I like about YouMail is that it greets my contacts by their name. Doors Google voice do that? Also, I'm not really ready to go all in on Google voice. If rather just use voicemail for now. Is that the Google lite that I've mentioned?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The one cheesy thing I like about YouMail is that it greets my contacts by their name. Doors Google voice do that? Also, I'm not really ready to go all in on Google voice. If rather just use voicemail for now. Is that the Google lite that I've mentioned?

that sounds like a cool feature, gv doesn't do that. You don't need to port number to gv to use their vm. I use gv lite for vm only, number is still with straight talk. I don't want to lose mms and group messages features.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
How do you get google voice lite? Do i just download google voice and go from there? I really need a voicemail program on my phone and it looks like youmail won't work because the conditional call forwarding doesn't work with ST-ATT.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
How do you get google voice lite? Do i just download google voice and go from there? I really need a voicemail program on my phone and it looks like youmail won't work because the conditional call forwarding doesn't work with ST-ATT.

you set it up under your Google account, when ask to get a Google voice number, choose port you Mobile, then choose Google voice lite. after that it will call your phone and verify. When that's finished, download the gv app, then set up vm from the app.

haha you can set up custom vm for each individual person. Pretty cool, never try it, but i think I'm to lazy to do that. haha

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
you set it up under your Google account, when ask to get a Google voice number, choose port you Mobile, then choose Google voice lite. after that it will call your phone and verify. When that's finished, download the gv app, then set up vm from the app.

haha you can set up custom vm for each individual person. Pretty cool, never try it, but i think I'm to lazy to do that. haha

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl. With YouMail, you import your contacts, and then it will greet them by their first name, "Hi Laura, Kris isn't available right now, please leave a message." Most people are awed by it ~ lol. You can also set specific messages for specific callers, but I never did that. They also have thousands of greetings to choose from, so you don't really have to use your own voice if you don't want to.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I tried to set up google voice lite and am getting the network/mmi error. I've tried the call forwarding number twice now and still get the error. Are you using google voice lite on straight talk at&t? I'm getting pretty frustrated here, all I want is voicemail.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae