I was having the same issue....This is what I did to resolve(may be) it

1)Settings>apps>tune in
2)Clear cache
3)Clear data
4)ForceStop
5)Uninstall
6)RestartPhone
7)Re-Install

and It Started to work without stopping when the phone goes to sleep.Hope this works for others too

Nexus 4(16GB)

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I was having the same issue....This is what I did to resolve(may be) it

1)Settings>apps>tune in
2)Clear cache
3)Clear data
4)ForceStop
5)Uninstall
6)RestartPhone
7)Re-Install

and It Started to work without stopping when the phone goes to sleep.Hope this works for others too

Nexus 4(16GB)

I just tried your method but no, the jittering persists on my n4. Thanks for sharing though.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Nils Rudqvist

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact problems with my brand new N4.i do live in Sweden and here, we have this app called Swedish Radio. It works perfectly when the phone is alive but have buffering/or-what-to-call-it problems when asleep. I then tried to download an older version of the app, but the problem persists.

I have tried several other radio apps, e.g. TuneIn. All have the same problem. Should also mention that I have tried to increase buffering time, however, no success there.

I've read somewhere that it has to do with the N4 going into a low-CPU state when asleep, which then decreases the N4s ability to be "quick" enough for streaming.

Note: Spotify seems to endure this lag for some reason.

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact problems with my brand new N4.

I downloaded the latest version of tunein radio app today.

I have been running it with screen off for 15 minutes and experienced no jittering issue. Although the app change log does not mention about this bug fix but it seems like its working fine now on my nexus 4.

Can other people reproduce the jittering problem on the latest version?

Moo Scree

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Experiencing this annoying issue on Kindle Fire HD with latest Tunein available from the Amazon store. I have found it only happens with AAC streams; if a station has alternate streams available, the MP3 stream seems to always work fine. But unfortunately Tunein does not remember the stream choice, so have to change it every time (and if a station has only 1 stream, and it's AAC, can't avoid the issue with that station).

Safwan Ahmad

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Experiencing this annoying issue on Kindle Fire HD with latest Tunein available from the Amazon store. I have found it only happens with AAC streams; if a station has alternate streams available, the MP3 stream seems to always work fine. But unfortunately Tunein does not remember the stream choice, so have to change it every time (and if a station has only 1 stream, and it's AAC, can't avoid the issue with that station).

This has fixed my problem. Thanks for the tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool