I'm coming over to the Nexus 4 from my Galaxy S3 which is a cool device but sucked for me as a phone. I've been playing around with the Nexus and have a few questions I couldn't figure out

1. I've noticed that the volume for my app notifications is very low. Is there a separate volume control for these notifications or is it combined with the volume of the ringer as well?
    2. Is there any way for the phone to show the battery's percentage at the top or is it just the logo of the battery itself? I know how to find the percentage but would rather not have to open up different things.
    3. Right now there are 5 home screens. Is there any way to change the number?
    4. I read that in order to take a screen shot, you're supposed to hold the Volume Down and the Power buttons but this doesn't work for me. Does this work for anyone else? Trying to see if maybe it's a defect on my phone.
    5. I know with jellybean we're not able to sync Facebook pics with our contacts. I downloaded Haxsync which I heard is great but can't find it in my app drawer. According to the app's description, it says to open it directly from Google Play after first downloading which I've tried but still no go. Any input?

Thanks.
    12-14-2012 04:34 PM
    1. they are the same setting, i found my notification sounds are a lil low also.

2. yes, you can download different app for that. I use battery indicator. it won't replace the battery icon, but you get another icon in your notification that shows the number. The battery icon can only be replaced if you are rooted.

3. yes, you can download a different launcher, both apex and nova are pretty good. I personally use nova.

4. mine works fine, are you holding the buttons at the same time?

5. I use contact sync for Facebook, pretty simple app, let you choose what to sync, picture quality, and how often you want to update. it is great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    12-14-2012 04:47 PM
    Thank you very much. As for the screen shot, I've tried pushing them at the same time, pushing the power first then volume and vis versa and nothing.
    12-14-2012 05:25 PM
    I use Battery Circle by Adrian Ulrich (easier to search by name in the Play Store), as it shows the actual battery percentage number, not just in 10% increments like some others. For Screen shots, you can use an app called Screen Grabber by Mindphaze Software and you can take a screen shot just by shaking the screen.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    12-14-2012 05:40 PM
    Thank you very much. As for the screen shot, I've tried pushing them at the same time, pushing the power first then volume and vis versa and nothing.
    Keep hold of the volume down + power button at the same time until you hear or see it take a screen shot
    12-14-2012 06:43 PM
    press both together. it works for me perfectly. some new users have difficulties. you have to press both buttons at the same time
    12-14-2012 08:16 PM
    I like the battery circle too. The GSM battery monitor app also lets you put the battery in the notification bar. Nice app for tracking battery usages as well.
    12-14-2012 08:21 PM
    I like the battery circle too. The GSM battery monitor app also lets you put the battery in the notification bar. Nice app for tracking battery usages as well.
    Do you mean GSAM battery monitor? I couldn't find GSM in the market.

12-14-2012 10:59 PM
    I watched a video on the screenshot to see what i was doing wrong and sure enough it was what you guys suggested, holding the buttons for a few seconds. Thank you.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    12-14-2012 11:34 PM
    Do you mean GSAM battery monitor? I couldn't find GSM in the market.

Sorry yes. I mistyped that.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    12-15-2012 02:04 AM
    Playing around some more, something I noticed is we are unable to shut off the camera's shutter sound through the menus as with previous phones. Is there another way?

Also, the lack of sound for notifications is very annoying. Are you aware of any apps that can help with this? I'd turn it up all the way but then the ringer is obnoxiously loud. I downloaded Volume Control + but when I attempt to change the volume on the notifications, it automatically would change the phone volume (can't separate).
    12-18-2012 12:38 AM
    My N4 sleeps with one eye open. The display dims after the preset time but never goes completely out while connected to the wall charger. Also it never goes into dream even though I set it to dream while charging or docked or both. Anybody else have this problem? This is my first post here - hope I got it right.
    12-18-2012 07:44 AM