Gmail sync to the phone.

rkohou

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is my issue. The gmail app checks for new mail every 3 minutes. There is no push what so ever. My laptop, pc, friken iPhone gets the new mail 2 seconds after I send one to myself nexus waits for his 3 min mark and than goes ahead and syncs. Sometimes 3min 20 sec. Sync account is checked. If I set up the gmail on the mail app it works as it should. What gives??

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I do not notice this at all. In fact, I just sent several emails from different sources to my GMail account and they all came through to the phone within a few seconds.

Are you using a battery-saving / power control app? Such apps often have unanticipated effects...

rkohou

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone is complete stock no special roms. I wiped it 2 times without restoring from back-up and does the same think over and over.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have something urgent that you have to reply really fast, I see no problem with this.
Pushing also drains battery quicker than being able to check it manually.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
GMail is a push service; you should receive new mail in a matter of seconds.

I have seen this problem discussed elsewhere; one solution which seems to work is to go into GMail settings and disable autosync and notifications, reboot the phone, then re-enable autosync and notifications.

Worth a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2