You can't save pics that you take in the native Messaging app?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm at Home Depot and send a text to a friend with a pic I took at the store.
I decide I want to save that pic in my Gallery and I go to the text and there is no option to save the pic.
Please someone tell me I am being a newbie and just don't see it and appreciate telling me how.

I know there are some features I am going to have to get use to not having...
like swiping away emails... or being able to save a pic in almost any app by long pressing the pic to get the save option...
but I would hope I can go to a pic in text, goto the ... at top right and see a SAVE IMAGE option.
I can edit the pic but if I choose no changes and press save, it doesnt save it.
I have to change the pic to save it... which I dont want to do.

TIA,
Don

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
not sure about native app, but you can always use one of the replacement sms app, they will let you save the pic by long pressing it. i use go sms and it's great. handcent is also a good one.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just had the same happen and figured the easy workaround. Go back into messaging and tap on the photo. Pull down the menu and tap 'edit'. Tap the share button and send it to google+ or send it to your email to save. Don't think apple phone can do it either.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
lol... I swear... I previously did a long press on the pics I created and couldnt bring up any options to save.
I just did it after reading your email just for giggles... and I got options including 'save attachment' and it saved it to gallery under a download folder.
maybe glitchy? Either way I'm happy.

I was actually avoiding going go sms because even though that seems like the app of choice and full of features, some reviews have said the app as gotten a little slow with the newer versions? So I installed glowfly to get the pop ups like I use to with bitesms on my jailbroken 4S and maybe get an app to backup texts. now that I can save hopefully I will be ok with it... otherwise I will look at go sms.

Thanks.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I will add, it worked only when I went back to the app, went to a text my brother-in-law sent earlier and long pressed (just to see if I could at least save pics people send me)... and it gave me the options... then I went back to the texts I created and shot pics from and it then gave me the options. Again, I swear it wouldnt let me before lol.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
lol... I swear... I previously did a long press on the pics I created and couldnt bring up any options to save.
I just did it after reading your email just for giggles... and I got options including 'save attachment' and it saved it to gallery under a download folder.

I was actually avoiding going go sms because even though that seems like the app of choice and full of features, some reviews have said the app as gotten a little slow with the newer versions? So I installed glowfly to get the pop ups like I use to with bitesms on my jailbroken 4S and maybe get an app to backup texts. now that I can save hopefully I will be ok with it... otherwise I will look at go sms.

Thanks.

i don't see any slow at all with go sms. try to install it, if you don't like it, uninstall it. It's a free app. haha.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Thanks.

i don't see any slow at all with go sms. try to install it, if you don't like it, uninstall it. It's a free app. haha.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums