Has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this thread has been done before. But has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild besides the one they own? I haven't but I'm always looking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this thread has been done before. But has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild besides the one they own? I haven't but I'm always looking.

Nope, nothing here.... I dont think there are to many "in the wild" yet to see them.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope, nothing here.... I dont think there are to many "in the wild" yet to see them.

I figured considering the availability, and the idea that this device isn't mass market. But I was just curious if someone may have spotted one at random.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I figured considering the availability, and the idea that this device isn't mass market. But I was just curious if someone may have spotted one at random.

A lot of Canadians (including me finally!!) will receive their devices this week so much more of them will be out there to spot :)

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This is always what I think of when I hear the phrase "in the wild" applied to electronics lol

VUnKa.png

Last edited:

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is always what I think of when I hear the phrase "in the wild" applied to electronics and stuff lol

http://i.imgur.com/VUnKa.png

Great photoshopping :p

well anyways, I haven't seen any Nexus 4 yet. An article androidcentral published in the front page said the CEO said something about the nexus 4 (or was it android?) being bigger than apple. Who knows. Haven't seen any android phones though, only seen one which is the SII and the rest I've seen are iphones. Iphones ing everywhere!

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen anything but yesterday when I went to t-mobile to get my sim card changed the girl who did it kept repeating how beautiful the phone was and what a great screen it had.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

well anyways, I haven't seen any Nexus 4 yet. An article androidcentral published in the front page said the CEO said something about the nexus 4 (or was it android?) being bigger than apple. Who knows. Haven't seen any android phones though, only seen one which is the SII and the rest I've seen are iphones. Iphones ing everywhere!

I see Android phones all over the place. Most notable are Moto Razrs, and Galaxy S3's lately. At first I never saw any S3's, but now they're all over. This thread was "just for fun". Just wanted to see the responses here.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I have seen A LOT of people around me with Android phones. A nice amount of people i work with and some friends have switched to Android in the last few months. I have another friend from work that ordered the N4 with me so we are both waiting for it.

According to Wikipedia in "Mobile Operating System" in Q3 of 2012 the total number of smartphones sold is 169,179 of those:

RIM - 8,947 (5.28%)
Symbian - 4,405 (2.6%)
iOS - 23,550 (13.92%)
Android - 122,480 (72.395)
Bada - 5,055 (2.98%)
Windows Phone - 4,058 (1.8%)
Other - 684 (0.4%)

Those are big numbers.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I don't ever expect to see one in the wild. My coworkers have seen my phone and when asked what it is, I tell them and they never heard of it. All everyone knows is GS3 or iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Bada - 5,055 (2.98%)
That's really insane that Samsungs Bada is outselling Windows Phone!

Agreed with the last poster, most people I talk to about the Nexus 4 have no clue what it is. "Vanilla Android" means nothing to most people.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That's really insane that Samsungs Bada is outselling Windows Phone!

Agreed with the last poster, most people I talk to about the Nexus 4 have no clue what it is. "Vanilla Android" means nothing to most people.

You cant blame regular people that are not reading tech news all day long.

It's not being advertised anywhere really and it's still new so people didnt see them.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No, but i told a friend i wanted one... she then responded by sending me a picture of two people at her work holding their nexus 4's!
Misses spotted a few on the train too!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No, but i told a friend i wanted one... she then responded by sending me a picture of two people at her work holding their nexus 4's!
Misses spotted a few on the train too!
Are you sure these weren't Galaxy Nexus's? I saw what I thought was a Nexus 4 the other day, but noticed the glass was curved, and realized it was a Galaxy Nexus instead.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have seen A LOT of people around me with Android phones. A nice amount of people i work with and some friends have switched to Android in the last few months. I have another friend from work that ordered the N4 with me so we are both waiting for it.

According to Wikipedia in "Mobile Operating System" in Q3 of 2012 the total number of smartphones sold is 169,179 of those:

RIM - 8,947 (5.28%)
Symbian - 4,405 (2.6%)
iOS - 23,550 (13.92%)
Android - 122,480 (72.395)
Bada - 5,055 (2.98%)
Other - 684 (0.4%)

Those are big numbers.

Yeah... not sure why I don't know a lot of people that have android. Well the school i go to is known as a "rich white school," 98% of the school is like white and a majority of them live in pretty big houses. Guess rich people like apple products? (they are more expensive than android or just more expensive than nexus 4)

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... not sure why I don't know a lot of people that have android. Well the school i go to is known as a "rich white school," 98% of the school is like white and a majority of them live in pretty big houses. Guess rich people like apple products? (they are more expensive than android or just more expensive than nexus 4)

Rich people not necessarily buy everything that is expensive, they buy stuff that are "in" and cool. So give it another yet and if Android will keep expending with those numbers you will start seeing more and more rich people with Android :)

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't either but with my location and profession Verizon and or iPhones are what you see. When I was getting my SIM card cut today the guy at the T-mobile store asked what I was switching to and said they still don't have them in stock or even a demo unit.

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I always try to hold the phone in a way so that the "nexus" is visible to people but then I get scared that I might accidentally drop it lol