Pandora / Google Music playback random stopping

herdatious

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue while using the Nexus 4 and streaming from Pandora/Google Music.
Both applications will randomly stop playing a track and not resume until I press the play button in the application.

I'm using wifi in a location in my home that has an AP and the phone is plugged into my stereo via Aux.
I have an iphone v1.0 and an HTC Inspire 4G that I stream pandora from in the exact same location and have never had this issue.

Signal strength is not an issue.
My first thought was an application issue related to Pandora running on v4.1.2 but Google Music behaving in a similar way makes me think thats not it...

Has anyone else encountered this?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Phone awake or sleeping? Some people have reported similar problems which kick in when the phone goes to sleep. Search for a recent thread with "tunein radio" in the title.

herdatious

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's in sleep mode.
I have the device configured to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity. The stoppage is occurring (guessing) 10-15 minutes into play.
Checking tunein thread now.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Juice Defender or any other battery managing app? They don't play nice with streaming media, you have to start whitelisting sites to avoid getting cut off.

herdatious

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am able to repeat this issue but I can't find any events to correlate with the stoppage of play.
I noticed today as soon as it happened, I awoke the device to see Play Store update messages scrolling in the notifications area.
I thought I had noticed during the Pandora stoppage of play a popup ad was being displayed when I unlocked the device.

Unfortunately it's happening when the device is asleep and can't be sure either of the events described above happen every time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc