Solavei and Google Voice

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone using Solavei have it working properly with Google voice on the Nexus 4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
You don't even have to have a carrier for google voice to work...

Would you happen to have Solavei and be using Google voice?

I swear I can't find 1 person who has Solavei and uses Google voice and has a Nexus 4.

Maybe I am the only person thus far.

I literally need 1 person to confirm that it works for them to help me troubleshoot my problem.

dharris007

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Would you happen to have Solavei and be using Google voice?

I swear I can't find 1 person who has Solavei and uses Google voice and has a Nexus 4.

Maybe I am the only person thus far.

I literally need 1 person to confirm that it works for them to help me troubleshoot my problem.

Check out this article, Taylor seems to be pretty happy with this exact setup.

How to setup the Nexus 4 and Google Voice for Solavei | Android and Me

Let me know your thoughts too. I'm currently on the TMo $30 plan but noticed Solavei is offering your first month free, and for only $20 more, it's unlimited calling, data roaming and call forwarding.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Dude it doesn't matter the carrier. What part about that don't you understand?

My friend......What part do you not understand? It DOES NOT work properly on my phone. That's the point of this post. If you don't have Solavei with a Nexus 4 running Google voice personally then you have nothing at all to contribute to this thread.

It worked fine on my galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 4 with google voice works fine with at&t sim but it double dials with Solavei.....

I am looking for 1 person ANYONE who has this setup exactly. Then I will know if the problem is specific to my phone or my sim card. This is troubleshooting 101....

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
When I dial a number on my phone using Google voice with a Nexus 4 and Solavei service, it double dials.

It will dial the number I am calling as well as the google exchange number, while this is technically normal, the problem is that it shows the google exchange number when I am in that call and also in the call log.

Troubleshooting 101 would be describing your problem to us.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It is carrier dependent. Just because you have Google Voice with a Google number doesn't mean the app is going to properly work on your phone for Voicemail. I had Virgin Mobile in the past and Google Voice does not work with Virgin Mobile.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
When I dial a number on my phone using Google voice with a Nexus 4 and Solavei service, it double dials.

It will dial the number I am calling as well as the google exchange number, while this is technically normal, the problem is that it shows the google exchange number when I am in that call and also in the call log.

Are you dialing through GV or through the native dialer?

wrdcndn

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact setup and problem. I tried replacing the SIM and I get the same thing with the new one. I've had it for about a month now and doesn't go away. Won't do it in other phones though. I tried a GS3 and GN. Also, it does the double dialing even when Google Voice is turned OFF, so I don't think it related to that at all.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the same exact setup and problem. I tried replacing the SIM and I get the same thing with the new one. I've had it for about a month now and doesn't go away. Won't do it in other phones though. I tried a GS3 and GN. Also, it does the double dialing even when Google Voice is turned OFF, so I don't think it related to that at all.
What do you mean Google Voice is turned off? If you have the app installed, and set to make calls go through, it doesn't matter if the app isn't active when you are calling. It will activate itself and intercept the all.

By the way, what are the people you call seeing? Are they seeing your Google Voice number?

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
You are a life saver!

I needed this problem duplicated and I finally found someone who has it!

This is a good thing, we need to get as many people on this thread as possible so we can make this issue known and get it fixed.

I only have the issue with google voice dialing and I do not have the issue with the Solavei number dialing. I sent for a Mico sim card and I am getting a new number. I want to see if a fresh number corrects it.

At&t sim card works just fine so it's either a t mobile or Solavei issue. Can you try a t mobile sim card? Do you know anyone that would allow you to pop in their sim to dial a few calls?

passerbyer

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
ZOMG I've found someone!!

I've been googling to see anyone else is having this problem on their Nexus 4! I seem to be having this same issue where I use the native Dialier, then after a split second it switches to the seemingly random Google Voice relay number. It's driving me nuts! I was using T-Mobile pre-paid before and this wasn't a problem so my guess is that it's probably a Solavei issue. I'm considering trying StraightTalk to see if the issue is present on their service.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Christ almighty there is 3 of us!

Alright, check straight talk tmobile if you can. As I said At&t is fine. We gotta determine if this is a solavei or tmobile issue. Then we know who to contact to get it looked at.

Wonderful news.
ZOMG I've found someone!!

I've been googling to see anyone else is having this problem on their Nexus 4! I seem to be having this same issue where I use the native Dialier, then after a split second it switches to the seemingly random Google Voice relay number. It's driving me nuts! I was using T-Mobile pre-paid before and this wasn't a problem so my guess is that it's probably a Solavei issue. I'm considering trying StraightTalk to see if the issue is present on their service.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Oops. You were using tmobile with the nexus 4? If so we have a solavei issue. Just confirm that please and then we forward this thread to Solavei.
Christ almighty there is 3 of us!

Alright, check straight talk tmobile if you can. As I said At&t is fine. We gotta determine if this is a solavei or tmobile issue. Then we know who to contact to get it looked at.

Wonderful news.