Solavei and Google Voice

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
That's sucks! But some guy had the same issues on roger and he replaced the Sim and said it fixed it! I'm thinking the Sim has to fit snuged in the tray! Mine Sim kind of slides from side to side! So that might be the problem! Also a lot of people having this issue cut their own Sim card!

I cut my first sim. The 2nd was straight from Solavei. That's not the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing with Solavei and Google Voice. I'm set to select whether or not to dial with my GV number for every call. When using my native dialer if I use the GV number then I also see the exchange number that was used. No exchange number if I dial with my Solavei number. I'm no expert but I would guess that has to do with the new OS and the native dialer. If this is a problem for you and you need a log that doesn't show the exchange number then look at the log in the GV app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been playing with Solavei and Google Voice. I'm set to select whether or not to dial with my GV number for every call. When using my native dialer if I use the GV number then I also see the exchange number that was used. No exchange number if I dial with my Solavei number. I'm no expert but I would guess that has to do with the new OS and the native dialer. If this is a problem for you and you need a log that doesn't show the exchange number then look at the log in the GV app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

This is a problem for everyone. It has do with the Sim card from solavei and the phone.

bobsbbq

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
This issue has been reported, but there has been no response yet. Remember things like this take some time. Don't give up on Solavei because of this issue, Solavei is a far better service than any other out there at the moment. From my own personal experience I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm still using GV as usual and I don't notice any problems with operation. I only notice in the call log both the number dialed and the exchange number. I guess I failing to see where this is a problem? I actually like this as to the way it was on my Nexus. When you dialed someone it would only show the exchange number in the call history. Many times when I would go back and look at the history I did not know who I called. With the current issue I actually get both so I know who I'm calling.

I will report back here as soon as I hear something.

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the double doubling issue as well and I don't use Google Voice for phone calls. Today, as an experiment, I used GV for my phone calls to see how my phone would track the calls. When using GV I did not have the double dialing issue and the only phone number in the recent call list was the person I dialed, not the GV access number. Switched it back to not use GV for calls and double dialing issue returned.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I gotta bail on this. I went back to tmobile prepaid and killed the voice mail.

It's impossible to run my type of business and not know who you are calling.

Wonderful service and good value other than this issue.

stopswitch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep, me as well. I use my phone for business and this bug is driving me nuts. I'll be going back to T Mobile at the end of month, Solavei is stupid not to acknowledge the problem in the first place. Its a big FU to Nexus 4 users.

Sent from my Nexus 4

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, me as well. I use my phone for business and this bug is driving me nuts. I'll be going back to T Mobile at the end of month, Solavei is stupid not to acknowledge the problem in the first place. Its a big FU to Nexus 4 users.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I can't imagine how this is more than a simple programming type of issue. If they pit someone on it for a few days the could sort it out.

Now I'm paying 70 a month unlimited everything with tmobile proper and I can't imagine switching back at this point and having to pay the fees again.

anuswax

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Received our sims from Solavei on 2/15 and activated them, both phones are double dialing. My wife who never notices anything asked me about it, kind of annoying overall. Like others have already stated, they should fix it since it seems to be an issue on their end.

bobsbbq

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
There are no longer any fees, only the 49.00 for 1st month + the 9.00 for SIM card. If you decide to switch back let me know I will give you the 9.00 back for the SIM card.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
There are no longer any fees, only the 49.00 for 1st month + the 9.00 for SIM card. If you decide to switch back let me know I will give you the 9.00 back for the SIM card.

Sure thing. Thanks.

anon(143571)

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You guys can count me in too, I've had the N4 since release and have had this issue. T-Mobile couldn't comment on it. I think it's because MVNO's dont get conditional call forwarding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power