N4 owner, need new car stereo w/bluetooth for music streaming

theTallest

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

First post! Just got my N4 and am wondering if anyone has had any luck using it to stream music to their car stereo via BT. Also would be curious if you were able to stream Spotify, Pandora, or if you could only stream local files via the Play Music app. I'm going to go shopping after xmas and would love to hear your experiences with this before I make a decision. Thanks in advance!

T

techferret

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I use bluetooth all the time to transmit everything from my Nexus 4 to the stereo. There can be a few hiccups, but that can be related to the equipment you buy for this (I have an aftermarket radio, Clarion CX-501 which is notorious for BT issues). I've used BT for years, so don't worry. Once you get used to the wireless connection, you'll wonder why you dealt with audio cables in a car at all. Oh and streaming music, I've streamed everything from CNN breaking news to Spotify, Pandora, Google Music, Amazon MP3, Radio.com....and it all works. Hope that answers your question.

theTallest

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use bluetooth all the time to transmit everything from my Nexus 4 to the stereo. There can be a few hiccups, but that can be related to the equipment you buy for this (I have an aftermarket radio, Clarion CX-501 which is notorious for BT issues). I've used BT for years, so don't worry. Once you get used to the wireless connection, you'll wonder why you dealt with audio cables in a car at all. Oh and streaming music, I've streamed everything from CNN breaking news to Spotify, Pandora, Google Music, Amazon MP3, Radio.com....and it all works. Hope that answers your question.

Fantastic...Can you recommend any decks that are known for solid BT performance?