Android System eating 50% of battery?

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody experienced this? From all the screenshots I've seen it's always the screen eating up most of the battery, but right now "Android System" is responsible for 50%, followed by Screen at 24% and Android OS at 7%

Anybody know what's going on or if this is normal?

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
For me android os is the biggest user but Google knows about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356076468234.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356076468234.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356076480435.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356076480435.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 22

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
As long as it's normal or at least others are experiencing it and Google knows it's alright for now I suppose. I didn't notice this under today, and today my battery life was fine but I think lasted less than the last few days I've had this phone... I'm pretty sure before it used to be Screen eating most of the juice

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
For me android os is the biggest user but Google knows about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

But you're at 12 hours and still have 60% battery life. How can you imply that something is wrong? The point is that SOMETHING is going to use your battery. In this time frame the OS was the biggest user, but your battery life implies it was doing it efficiently.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
But you're at 12 hours and still have 60% battery life. How can you imply that something is wrong? The point is that SOMETHING is going to use your battery. In this time frame the OS was the biggest user, but your battery life implies it was doing it efficiently.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Well you did have it sleep for 12 hours... so i mean that makes sense, you haven't used it at all.

Not implying its completely wrong :)

Just saying its currently using the most when you dont do anything, while for others some other process seems to be doing that. That said, perhaps not for me, but others are having fairly big issues with this on the XDA site and thats what google has acknowledged and is looking into.

I'll only really find out how the phone lasts after I give it a proper day to day use. As it stands I've only had the screen on for about 35-40 mins.

Thaaaaaat saiiiiddddd.....

If it got to 64% by not doing anything in 12 hours of standby....then to bring it down to sub 10% battery...thats still only 30-35 hours on standby (or best case..50 hours). Surely on standby this phone should last more than a day and a half to 2 days? Or am I jumping the gun here? According to the info available online, it should last much longer than that? Something around the 250 hour range when the reception is perfectly fine...which for me it is. I get full bars and the cellular tower is fairly close by. If its remotely comparable, i'm short on 200 hours.

Maybe I just have too much crap installed...

Shouldny my graph look more like this one?

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...0d4304b/1/5/7/0/0/7/7/2012.12.17-04.51.01.jpg

Last edited:

ido1985

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
try:
- disabling everything in settings>wireless>cell broadcasts
- disabling exchange services
- disabling location services

worked for me with the same problem.

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
try:
- disabling everything in settings>wireless>cell broadcasts
- disabling exchange services
- disabling location services

worked for me with the same problem.

Yea will mess around with the settings over the next couple of weeks and see what differences it makes.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the stats Android OS has kept your phone awake for 11 of the 12 hours it's been on yet the screen hasn't been on hardly at all. There is almost certainly something going on there.

Best bet is to install Better Battery Stats (Can get it free over at XDA) and that should hopefully be able to tell you more specifics on what processes are keeping the phone awake.

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the stats Android OS has kept your phone awake for 11 of the 12 hours it's been on yet the screen hasn't been on hardly at all. There is almost certainly something going on there.

Best bet is to install Better Battery Stats (Can get it free over at XDA) and that should hopefully be able to tell you more specifics on what processes are keeping the phone awake.

I'm assuming you're the one right at the bottom of this page :) : https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mobile/jO65dcM7J2Y

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007