Could not be downloaded due to an error (920)

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got my new Nexus 4. Turned it on signed in. It automatically started downloading my hundreds of apps. Halfway through it stopped and I got an error downloading message for all the remaining apps.

Now if I try to download or update any app I get " could not be downloaded due to an error (920)"

I tried rebooting. I tried clearing the cache and uninstalling updates on Google Play Store and on Google Play Services. No change.

What is going on?

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wiped my Nexus 7 (not 4) and when restoring all my apps on it I got the exact same error and now I can't download or update anything. Exactly the same as on my Nexus 4.

So clearly this is a 4.2 issue not a Nexus 4 or 7 issue.

Anyone know how to fix it? (Aside from just hoping it will fix itself like it did on my 7?)

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Well just Uninstalled Updates for the Google Play Store for the third time and now it works.

This is annoying, but at least it is working now.

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Something along similar lines happened to me but it was a different error code and I wasnt downloading hundreds of apps :p

I was just downloading 1 app and had an error. My fix was simply to switch off wifi using the power control widget and then swtiching it back on. It worked fine after that.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Try Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Play Store: Force Stop, Clear Data, Clear Cache

Next, power phone off and then back on (reboot it).

nascentt

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
this is really ****. i am trying to restore my phone, and it comes up with this message after a few minutes and before even half my apps are restored, and there's nothing short of a reboot that will fix it, but after a reboot the phone 'forgets' that it was downloading all my apps so i have to hard reset again..and again...and again...

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If this happens you have to re-ping Google's Play Store servers.
The easiest way to do this is to remove your Google account, then re-add it.

This is how you fix the issue:
Go to your accounts page
Menu -> Settings -> Accounts

Click on your Google Account
Click on your Gmail email address

Select "Remove account" in the lower right corner.

Now add your account again and you should be able to immediately get back into the Play Store.

wilsonchristian8

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
If this happens you have to re-ping Google's Play Store servers.
The easiest way to do this is to remove your Google account, then re-add it.

This is how you fix the issue:
Go to your accounts page
Menu -> Settings -> Accounts

Click on your Google Account
Click on your Gmail email address

Select "Remove account" in the lower right corner.

Now add your account again and you should be able to immediately get back into the Play Store.

This works perfectly. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new device, so I can't uninstall updates to the play store, but i've tried literally everything else stated in this thread and none of it is working for me

lolyworm

May 4, 2013
Visit site
This worked great for me.
It was frustrating to have the Google Play store give me lots of 920 errors when re-downloading half my apps from My Apps section after a phone restore. After it started happening, even the Play Store gave me a message saying the store was having "Sync issues," and that I just needed to try again later, but I wasn't buyin' it. So I did what this poster suggested-- detatch and re-attach the phone from my Google account at the system level, and voila everything good.
Thanks.

Geek_2016

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
This is a complicated explanation for your fault. Skip a bit for fix

There is a simple conflict between the format of Google play and the way your device's WiFi system works.
On device startup, the drivers probably do not load correctly, this is common on many devices, especially NEXUS's and my device, the hudl 2. When you first boot your device, It will run setup, correct? Here, it will retrieve drivers and install them. Then Google play installs files to install more firmware to allow your wireless card to accept .APK's. but some drivers are pains in the backside and have no way to accept apk's. So it is slightly unreliable.
Then every time you boot your device, it runs this protocol and co-operates. Rarely, it will think "what is going on? I guess there will be no way to fix this!" And will not allow any apk's in.

Easy way to fix is turn off Wi-Fi and then back on, resetting your drivers and letting in your new apps.

Jason.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc