Hey just wondering if foxfi works with nexus 4 on the T-Mobile monthly plan. All help is appriciated.
    12-22-2012 04:28 PM
    wifi tethering works already with built in tethering in jellybean.
    12-22-2012 05:37 PM
    Will this native tethering work without paid mobile hotspot support from TMobile, or other carriers? Does anyone have actual "real life" experience using FoxFi with Nexus 4?
    01-05-2013 01:24 PM
    Will this native tethering work without paid mobile hotspot support from TMobile, or other carriers? Does anyone have actual "real life" experience using FoxFi with Nexus 4?
    I had and used foxfi on my droid RAZR before getting my nexus 4. There us no need to use foxfi with the nexus 4 because it already has tethering built in. I have used the built in tethering with no problem. I'm on solavei. Before the RAZR I had a nexus s on T-Mobile and used the built-in tethering with no issues.
    mattmatt23 likes this.
    01-05-2013 01:33 PM
    Was your tethering used on TMobile after they disabled all WiFi sharing without paying for it? It happened about 8 or 10 months ago? I used to share my WiFi on an LG MyTouch, but after they cut everyone off I switched to Open Garden and FoxFi.
    01-05-2013 05:07 PM
    Because the N4 is sold unlocked directly from Google, carriers do not have the capability to lock the native tethering and try forcing you to pay for it.

I used to use FoxFi on the S3, but on my N4, don't need it. I use the built in tethering app.
    mattmatt23 likes this.
    01-05-2013 08:07 PM
    I can confirm that WiFi tethering works natively on the Nexus 4 with the $30 Unlimited internet/text + 100 minute plan, however within 5 minutes of activating it and connecting my laptop to it, all pages I load direct me to a T-Mobile page suggesting I buy a Mobile HotSpot plan. Does anyone know a way around this? I tried FoxFi and it immidately crashes upon activating WiFi Hotspot, and this seems to be an issues related to its compatibility with Android 4.1+.
    02-17-2013 10:36 PM
    I can confirm that WiFi tethering works natively on the Nexus 4 with the $30 Unlimited internet/text + 100 minute plan, however within 5 minutes of activating it and connecting my laptop to it, all pages I load direct me to a T-Mobile page suggesting I buy a Mobile HotSpot plan. Does anyone know a way around this? I tried FoxFi and it immidately crashes upon activating WiFi Hotspot, and this seems to be an issues related to its compatibility with Android 4.1+.
    T-mo has gotten better about detecting tethered/hotspot usage. Where I once (this is before N4) has been connect my PC from my G2x, it later stopped working but I could still tether my N7 (I think they couldn't tell because it was also Android). Then that stopped altogether. I too would love to hear if someone's found a solution.
    02-18-2013 09:56 AM
    I'm on T-mo and have no issues tethering to any of my devices (didn't pay the tethering fee). Mobile devices like iPods, tablets, etc. should work without issue. If tethering to a computer, you will need a UA string switcher (I have one that works really well for chrome). As long as the UA string you use is for a mobile device, there shouldn't be any issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    02-18-2013 10:03 AM
    I'm on T-mo and have no issues tethering to any of my devices (didn't pay the tethering fee). Mobile devices like iPods, tablets, etc. should work without issue. If tethering to a computer, you will need a UA string switcher (I have one that works really well for chrome). As long as the UA string you use is for a mobile device, there shouldn't be any issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I think User Agent is one method they have to detect you. They can also possibly detect TTL settings, so that should be changed to a factor of 65 on your tethered device so that it shows the same 64 once it hits tmo.
    02-18-2013 10:06 AM