Is there an FM radio in the Nexus 4?

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there fm radio in nexus 4 because im planning to buy one and my work sometimes are in places where internet is not available and only radio is the means that i get some news from the city. Thank you in advance for reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there fm radio in nexus 4?

I'm going to guess that there isn't a built-in radio. My Nexus S didn't have one either.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

that is a big disadvantage for me if i will avail n4, as i look at the nexus 4 it is very nice, but having a fm radio in my gadget is very important, like if there is bad weather and there is no internet connection i can have radio to listen to, i work in field and reaches places that only radios can reached. I hope there is radio in nexus 4, please let me know when you have confirmed. Thank you.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

that is a big disadvantage for me if i will avail n4, as i look at the nexus 4 it is very nice, but having a fm radio in my gadget is very important, like if there is bad weather and there is no internet connection i can have radio to listen to, i work in field and reaches places that only radios can reached. I hope there is radio in nexus 4, please let me know when you have confirmed. Thank you.

why not just buy a cheap FM radio? I don't get why we should keep supporting old, outdated tech in our smartphones?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

yeah you have a point in there, but having many things in one can ease a little weight in life,

I understand but technology moves on. The Nexus 4 is a bleeding edge device and fm radio is technology that is no longer is included in today's devices. That's like expecting to find a floppy disk drive in a new computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

stevedo

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Best bet is buying a cheap radio with all the money you save purchasing a nexus 4, or use the tunein app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Most new top of the line smart phones don't have FM radios... Including the nexus 4.... We don't need that tech hogging precious space within the phone

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Omg. People like you guys piss me off... FM tech is not dated nor is out of style... how many of you listen to the radio in your car. Ya FM tech. How many people go to the gym and want to listen to what's on the TV well that as well is FM tech. So don't give me that FM tech is out dated.

The chip set support FM radio. So its not like they have to add another chip for it to work. All they had to do as enable the api, program the kernel and make an app. Done. But no they decided not to and this pisses me off

Anyways. People need to realize that just because you may not use it doesn't mean there aren't tones of others out there that may or need it.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Omg. People like you guy piss me off...

Lets not take this to a personal level. Discuss, rant & commend all you like but please lets not take things to a personal level against anyone.

Carry on :)

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Lets not take this to a personal level. Discuss, rant & commend all you like but please lets not take things to a personal level against anyone.

Carry on :)

Taking it personal would be tar getting one person. Lol I'm targetting everyone who thinks it out dated tech. Lol

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Taking it personal would be tar getting one person. Lol I'm targetting everyone who thinks it out dated tech. Lol

You have a valid point, but from a general members viewpoint anyone could feel they are being targeted and consider it personal.

Not a problem, just more or less a general heads up so the flaming doesn't start in this thread of this nature.

Have a good day and don't take it personal :p

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Omg. People like you guys piss me off... FM tech is not dated nor is out of style... how many of you listen to the radio in your car. Ya FM tech. How many people go to the gym and want to listen to what's on the TV well that as well is FM tech. So don't give me that FM tech is out dated.

The chip set support FM radio. So its not like they have to add another chip for it to work. All they had to do as enable the api, program the kernel and make an app. Done. But no they decided not to and this pisses me off

Anyways. People need to realize that just because you may not use it doesn't mean there aren't tones of others out there that may or need it.

Sorry, I don't encounter FM a lot in the UK. We went digital a long time ago. We have DVB-T for TV and DAB for radio now and they are both VASTLY superior to the old analog equivalents. In fact the UK doesn't even have analog transmitters for TV any more, everything is digital. Maybe I was a little ignorant but I assumed other countries were the same as we're not that much of a forward-thinking country!

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I don't encounter FM a lot in the UK. We went digital a long time ago. We have DVB-T for TV and DAB for radio now and they are both VASTLY superior to the old analog equivalents. In fact the UK doesn't even have analog transmitters for TV any more, everything is digital. Maybe I was a little ignorant but I assumed other countries were the same as we're not that much of a forward-thinking country!

TV is all digital here as well. But most gyms etc are all FM sadly.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site

What about using a music service that let's you cache statilns/music ahead of time? I believe Slacker let's you cache stations for offline listening.

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

What about using a music service that let's you cache statilns/music ahead of time? I believe Slacker let's you cache stations for offline listening.

That's not the point. You can't tune slacker to local stations or stations in a gym. But that is an option for some. I use nobex for local stations that stream online but it uses data and that can add up fast.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I can get most local radio stations that have a digital transmission using TuneIn, Z100 has a deal with iHeartRadio though. I euphemistically wonder if phones not having Citizen Band is a deal breaker for some, too... :D

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

It would be nice to have, but i will be keeping my old mobile for fm for when i go cycling etc. + i will less likely to break a n4 if i crash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000