Nexus 4 - Should I keep it?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The thing I can't believe is the op didn't open the box immedietly, but waited to post and ask opinions.
Maybe its just me, but I opened it in 2 seconds. :p

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The thing I can't believe is the op didn't open the box immedietly, but waited to post and ask opinions.
Maybe its just me, but I opened it in 2 seconds. :p

It's not just you, my un-boxing was in the front seat of my car in the car park of TNT on a cold wet morning 1 minute after signing for it in the collection office.

I was only 10 minutes from home. :eek:

Sent from my frighteningly-quick Nexus 4

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't noticed well all want one so we will be bias, but both phones are beautiful! practically the same, its your choice bud.

Well the only reason i'm getting it is because it's cheap. I know that the Droid DNA and the S3 are comparably as good but the price of it is amazing for a recent phone!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
arent benchmarks supposed to show how the phone will perform in the future?
Software updates will show how the phone will perform in the future. Which phone do you think will continue to receive immediate software updates in the present, and the future. Certainly not the DNA.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, the S3 is a beast of a phone. If you decide to go that route, you can get one extremely cheap with all the holiday deals going on. The N4 is a great phone but the S3 has beem out for longer and has had more time to be integrated into its software. I own one and can vouch for what an amazing device it is. On my most recent battery charge, it lasted me over 16hrs with over 5hrs of screen on time. This was with LTE on the entire time.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, the S3 is a beast of a phone. If you decide to go that route, you can get one extremely cheap with all the holiday deals going on. The N4 is a great phone but the S3 has beem out for longer and has had more time to be integrated into its software. I own one and can vouch for what an amazing device it is. On my most recent battery charge, it lasted me over 16hrs with over 5hrs of screen on time. This was with LTE on the entire time.

That is true but the Nexus is a tad better but still lacks in some places than the S3.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You guys need to quit banging on this guy. He just jumped on the forum for his first time.

To the O.P.:

Keep the Nexus 4 if you don't want a mobile contract , don't care about being on Verizon, and want a beautifully designed phone.

Sell the Nexus 4 if you want LTE on Verizon, and get the DNA or whatever Samsung they have, and are prepared to pay 50% more for service.

Do not worry about the heat throttling, or battery issues you read about. My Nexus 4 runs like a champ and I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

SteveMW

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
1) Benchmarks aren't quite optimized for Android 4.2, as evidenced by how well the Optimus G performs.

2) Benchmarks are silly.

That certainly appears to be the case. Why would the Optimus run faster with the overhead of. the Touchwiz UI?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
That certainly appears to be the case. Why would the Optimus run faster with the overhead of. the Touchwiz UI?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Because the Optimus G runs 4.1, not 4.2. Also, it's Samsung that uses TouchWiz, not LG; I don't know what LG calls their "skin."

ErickMendez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

People are blowing me with the s3 being a beast when it comes with sandragon s4 dual core (US Edition).

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
People are blowing me with the s3 being a beast when it comes with sandragon s4 dual core (US Edition).

Not sure if I entirely understand what you meant to say here. I will say however that pretty much no android apps take advantage of dual-core processors just yet. With all the leeway 2GB of RAM gives you u definitely wouldnt be disappointed. My phone is snappy as fuh. I never notice even the slightest amount of lag.. we're talking about a device that seriously flies here. No phone out offers a noticeable increase in speed over the SG3. Even ppl that rarely disagree will only say something like "the phone im reviewing was the tiniest bit more snappier than the S3 but nothing you'd really notice in daily use."

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since you have the Nexus 4 already why not keep it? I mean it's easier to just have it than the S3 unless you want more storage or LTE. Those are pretty much deal breakers for the Nexus 4 if you really want those.

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well the only reason i'm getting it is because it's cheap. I know that the Droid DNA and the S3 are comparably as good but the price of it is amazing for a recent phone!

I bought it because it was cheap too. I wish I'd waited a year to upgrade since I bought the gnex last year (and my contract for that phone is still running). Now my verizon phone functions as a free wifi hotspot more than anything else. i don't think i've used it outside of that function since i got the nexus 4.

ErickMendez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I entirely understand what you meant to say here. I will say however that pretty much no android apps take advantage of dual-core processors just yet. With all the leeway 2GB of RAM gives you u definitely wouldnt be disappointed. My phone is snappy as fuh. I never notice even the slightest amount of lag.. we're talking about a device that seriously flies here. No phone out offers a noticeable increase in speed over the SG3. Even ppl that rarely disagree will only say something like "the phone im reviewing was the tiniest bit more snappier than the S3 but nothing you'd really notice in daily use."

You make a good point but i just don't like how people are saying the gs3 is better even on thought it cost more and is either on par or slower than the nexus 4 on day to day use

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my Nexus 4 for almost a month now and I love it. My phone only gets warm when I spend hours playing a game.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol