Saying goodbye

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just want to point out that the bigger the screen, the less "technology" it takes to make it. A 4.5-inch Super LCD2 or Super AMOLED is much harder to produce than a 5-inch one.

Continue your circle-jerk.

You mean as far as resolution right. Because it is much more difficult to deposit oled material as the display gets larger because of uniformity.

Lol @the circle jerk

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
No matter how you slice it, we'll have it first. But no worries. Your N2 will still kick butt :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yes u will get klp first, but they are both great phones and based on the fact that the og galaxy note is getting JB, I would not be surprised if we got klp pretty fast.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't that long ago that 4.3 inch screens were considered huge. Now we're at 5 and larger with some, and I don't think we need to be advancing in that direction... Manufacturers should be focusing on battery technology and enlarging screens without enlarging the bezel along with it.

The *marketplace* determines in what direction we should be advancing and on what technologies manufacturers should be focusing. I doubt random message board posters who are a miniscule segment of said marketplace have much influence. A little...but not much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I seriously don't understand these types of threads..no one cares. Go do what you please but don't make a thread about it. You trying to start a war or just troll?

I to thought about getting the note 2 but I didn't announce to the world about it..the major factor in my nexus 4 purchase was the very competitive price point and the features still out do what note 2 has and there is no development going on for the note 2..so your stuck with putting a launcher on it to get stock Android and even then all the menus won't look the same as the home screen. Plus..only way to get LTE is to sign a contract and pay out your ass per month ..no thanks I'll gladly go prepaid and have access to T-Mobiles 42mbps network for $30 month

Sent from my Nexus 4 16GB using Tapatalk 2

Oh god thanks for saying that, didnt have the balls to and didnt want to sound like a dick. Well i think the conversations evolved already to something else

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes u will get klp first, but they are both great phones and based on the fact that the og galaxy note is getting JB, I would not be surprised if we got klp pretty fast.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2
Ya Samsung has definitely realized how important updates are. I hope the trend continues with other manufacturers as well

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Both phones have their advantages. I'm still torn between the Nexus 4, and the GSIII. However I think it's about time to pass my GSIII on to my mother that's in need of an upgrade, and rock my Nexus 4 full time. Call me crazy, but there's something about owning a phone(Nexus4) that no one else has that's pretty awesome. However I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the GSIII, and the advancements they have made with TouchWiz. It's a great device, and in my opinion the top Android device of 2012! I was among the most diehard Apple defenders(my house is still full of LOTS of Macs/iPads/etc...), and I never in a million years thought I'd be touting Android as my platform of choice. However Samsung did a great job here. Whether it's the Note II, S3, or Nexus 4, we have more choices with Android, and that's what will keep me coming back for more!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21