Music from laptop to Nexus 4

BobbyTC

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I connected my Nexus 4 to my windows 7 laptop to copy music files from laptop to Nexus 4. I copied one album but could not find it on my Nexus 4.

The files are wma. What am I doing wrong?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
wma is not supported in android(not sure if 4.2 supports it.) by default. you need to install app called winamp or similar apps.

wma is microsoft properietry format that's why it not supported in Android.

wma is old format imo

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Or you could upload those song files to Google Music

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yep. Just go to your google play settings, and have it auto sync a folder to your playlist. I have my "music folder" chosen. Now, everytime I put a song in my music folder on my laptop, it automatically syncs it with my play music! Ta-Da!

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Just go to your google play settings, and have it auto sync a folder to your playlist. I have my "music folder" chosen. Now, everytime I put a song in my music folder on my laptop, it automatically syncs it with my play music! Ta-Da!

I agree uploading your music to Google play is the way to go. That is what the nexus 4 I'd built for. Cloud services that is. I have all my music uploaded. I use my internal storage for game.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree uploading your music to Google play is the way to go. That is what the nexus 4 I'd built for. Cloud services that is. I have all my music uploaded. I use my internal storage for game.

I still have my music "on device" and not just in the cloud. It sucks driving through a dead zone just to hear deadening silence.

BobbyTC

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded conversion software and am in the process of converting from wma to mp3. Using the player included in my Nexus 4.

ccunning89

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
"I still have my music "on device" and not just in the cloud. It sucks driving through a dead zone just to hear deadening silence."

this may be silly but I just got this phone and am not really understanding it! How do I download my music onto my phone. I don't really want to have the google play thing! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I still have my music "on device" and not just in the cloud. It sucks driving through a dead zone just to hear deadening silence.

This may be silly but I just got this phone and am not really understanding it! How do I download my music onto my phone. I don't really want to have the google play thing! Thanks!

CNHabs

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

Google Play Music is the music player you are talking about? So if I go this route, wouldn't make the purchase of Poweramp useless?

If I can't sync with Poweramp where is the folder I can manually put the songs to?