Give Me a Phone I can Grip!

Jamie Campbell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't Google create at least one Nexus that feels good in my hand - not like I'm holding a playing card by its edges? How about more like a DECK of cards? Think what they could do with the space:

Two batteries, so you could swap one out while the phone keeps running on the other one.
A camera with optical zoom.
CDMA phones could have room for a Sim so they could work when you visit countries with only GSM
Better antennas for better reception - particularly GPS.
Storage for a stylus or maybe headphones
Infrared transmitter to control TVs and Audio gear.

And think how much better it would feel to hold.

Jamie

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I imagined this is what you want folks to walk around like.

old-school-versions-of-modern-gadgets-801338065-jul-26-2012-600x462.jpg

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Then you'd just end up with a bunch of threads titled "This phone sucks! Way to thick!"

All phones are thin and slippery. Put a case on it...you obviously don't mind it being a bigger size.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
a) CDMA is basically locked to a carrier. Defeats the idea of constant updates
b) it looks nice with glass
c) get another phone if you want CDMA
d) most countries use GSM
e) I don't want to replace phones each time i move to a different country
f) I am just going through the alphabet
g) most phones are moving away from swappable batteries because the poly-whatever they are are more reliable and it doesnt have to be rectangle shape.
h) from what i have it has pretty decent antenna's built in but its not a satellite phone.
i) you can attach a stylus with a string
j) who wants head phones attatched to a mobile? maybe buy a case which holds it e.g like the ipod cases.
k) infared... wow tooo hight tech. I think you can control tv's without it.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How often are you expecting to hold the phone to talk to people? Personally, I use my phone more for games than anything.

Damn then you must carry a charger with you everywhere. The Nexus 4 burns through battery like crazy when I run any games. I don't even use it for games because of this. I need my phone for the purpose of a phone :)

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Can't Google create at least one Nexus that feels good in my hand - not like I'm holding a playing card by its edges? How about more like a DECK of cards? Think what they could do with the space:

Two batteries, so you could swap one out while the phone keeps running on the other one.
A camera with optical zoom.
CDMA phones could have room for a Sim so they could work when you visit countries with only GSM
Better antennas for better reception - particularly GPS.
Storage for a stylus or maybe headphones
Infrared transmitter to control TVs and Audio gear.

And think how much better it would feel to hold.

Jamie

Where will they fit the coffee maker and beer cooler?