uninstalling apps

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So when you uninstalling an app is there anything special you need to do to make sure it is completely removed from the OS? Anyway to purge cached files etc?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you really want to remove more you could use a file explorer app to delete any folders the app creates in the external storage partition

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If you really want to remove more you could use a file explorer app to delete any folders the app creates in the external storage partition

why do that when you can just connect the device to your computer and delete the folders from there...

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering if installing and uninstalling apps can clutter the OS and slow it down?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There is no way that I think to remove it ALL without a file explorer. The thing in the OS to delete the applications will probably still leave some residue but I don't think that is a problem. Clearing the cache might help? Maybe?

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've found that uninstallling most apps does delete most everything but often leaves empty folders lying around. Which can be annoying because then the device os left with a bunch of empty "com.this.that" folders.

There's some apps available that will help you find "uninstalled apps" and then show and/or clean them up their left-behinds, but I've never tried any of them. "SD Maid" comes to mind.