Nova Launcher on Nexus 4 - Any users?

Lugz6002

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey y'all,

I'm in two minds as to whether to try out Nova Launcher on my N4. Main benefits for me would be to hide unused stock apps and reduce the number of home screens I have.

Does anyone here use this on the Nexus 4? Any issues?

Biggest concern for me is how much of a battery drain it is.

Cheers all!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gtamhankar

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova on my N4. No considerable battery drain. No performance issues either... It's really smooth.
Some times I even forget there's a launcher!

The ability to hide apps and create folders within the application list is really handy.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher no issues to report although i don't think you can hide stock apps unless i don't know how to do it, if anyone knows a way do tell.

EDIT: just went through the settings and there is a way. COOL can't believe i didn't see this first. thanks for the post lol

Lugz6002

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. Will give the free version a go and make a decision on the paid version.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey y'all,

I'm in two minds as to whether to try out Nova Launcher on my N4. Main benefits for me would be to hide unused stock apps and reduce the number of home screens I have.

Does anyone here use this on the Nexus 4? Any issues?

Biggest concern for me is how much of a battery drain it is.

Cheers all!

you can hide unused stock app by just disabling them. just letting you know.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher works perfectly well on my N4. No problems, and I much prefer it over stock only because it allows me to make minor tweaks.

Lugz6002

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So, as an example, I tap and hold the Google+ app, select disable and it tells me that other apps may misbehave if I disable it. It then asks me to install the factory version of it.

Its not making it very easy to just hide the app. Am I doing something wrong?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So, as an example, I tap and hold the Google+ app, select disable and it tells me that other apps may misbehave if I disable it. It then asks me to install the factory version of it.

Love Nova. It's the fastest and lowest resource hog. IMO. I also have Apex installed but found it to be a bit slower. Love how you can use custom icons etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

that's one reason why i don't recommend disabling system apps

jmudrick

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
No issues. One screen. Rocks.
u4ejyqu6.jpg

sandeep108

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Been using Nova on my SGS2 and now on the N4. No problems whatsoever. I actually prefer it. The latest update has added JB style widgets and a lot of other features.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had nova on my Nexus7 and installed it on my Nexus4 on day 1. It's smooth, fast, and REALLY stable. It's never once force closed on me. You can really go to town on the customization and the gesture controls are awesome! I run it with the beta updates enabled and even those are really stable. It is WELL worth getting the pro version, it gives you the unread count feature and helps support the dev.

Attachments

• 2013-01-02 13.49.05.png
    2013-01-02 13.49.05.png
    590.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited: