Contacts Transfer

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh, it shows the Facebook contact (the ones actually on there) with just the phone number. No email, no what's new on Facebook. Just the phone number.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You are syncing your FB contacts and some info isn't coming through?

Lazo7

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I followed the instructions on how to set up a cardDAV account from the google website http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=275307. Everything went fine, except when I try to create a new contact. I have 281 contacts on my iCloud account, and when i switch to google it say i have 290. When i check mark both accounts i have 298.
So my first question is, when I set up carddav, why do i have extra contacts on Google if carDAV works smoothly with iOS?

If I modify anything in iCloud, it gets sync'd to google. However if I try to add a new contact in Apple Contacts it doesn't show up in google anymore; the reverse is also true.
With my old contacts i see on each entry an iCloud and cardDAV (Linked Contacts). On new entries there is no such link.

In my Apple Contacts preferences, I left the default account as iCloud. If I change it to google per the instructions, then new contacts are added to google, but not added to Apple Contacts.

This new cardDAV approach seems very close, but not exactly what I need. Gmail is my primary email, but Apple Contacts is my primary address book. My devices are all Apple: Macbook, iPad and iPhone 5. iCloud works perfectly between the devices. I want to add google as a "device" to this arrangement, because I got a Nexus 4 that Im trying out, and want to sync back and forth between the two device. Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions on how to set up a cardDAV account from the google website http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=275307. Everything went fine, except when I try to create a new contact. I have 281 contacts on my iCloud account, and when i switch to google it say i have 290. When i check mark both accounts i have 298.
So my first question is, when I set up carddav, why do i have extra contacts on Google if carDAV works smoothly with iOS?

If I modify anything in iCloud, it gets sync'd to google. However if I try to add a new contact in Apple Contacts it doesn't show up in google anymore; the reverse is also true.
With my old contacts i see on each entry an iCloud and cardDAV (Linked Contacts). On new entries there is no such link.

In my Apple Contacts preferences, I left the default account as iCloud. If I change it to google per the instructions, then new contacts are added to google, but not added to Apple Contacts.

This new cardDAV approach seems very close, but not exactly what I need. Gmail is my primary email, but Apple Contacts is my primary address book. My devices are all Apple: Macbook, iPad and iPhone 5. iCloud works perfectly between the devices. I want to add google as a "device" to this arrangement, because I got a Nexus 4 that Im trying out, and want to sync back and forth between the two device. Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Get www.companionlink.com

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac, too, but you don't need your Mac or PC. Export the contacts file with your Lumia, attach it as an email and send it to whatever account you set up for your Nexus 4, save the file on your Nexus 4, open People.app, touch the Menu dots, choose Import/Export, Import from Storage and locate the file.

One thing that surprised me is how much better my BlackBerry was and is at contacts integration and inter-app usability, its one of the very few things I miss about BB.

SIDENOTE: Any recommendations for a contacts manager that doesn't allow the developer access to all of my contacts? I don't mind paying, Permissions don't bother me if I know the app isn't forwarding anything to the developer's or third party servers.

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac, too, but you don't need your Mac or PC. Export the contacts file with your Lumia, attach it as an email and send it to whatever account you set up for your Nexus 4, save the file on your Nexus 4, open People.app, touch the Menu dots, choose Import/Export, Import from Storage and locate the file.

One thing that surprised me is how much better my BlackBerry was and is at contacts integration and inter-app usability, its one of the very few things I miss about BB.

SIDENOTE: Any recommendations for a contacts manager that doesn't allow the developer access to all of my contacts? I don't mind paying, Permissions don't bother me if I know the app isn't forwarding anything to the developer's or third party servers.

Okay. I'll try that. I've been very busy lately.

Also to everyone else, thank you too!! I appreciate it.

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Okay, I have so many contacts that I don't want to go one by one. Any FAST and FREE methods?

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I have so many contacts that I don't want to go one by one. Any FAST and FREE methods? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
I used this method to transfer my contacts en masse, not one by one, that would be nearly fruitless. There's no way to export all your contacts using the Lumia contacts manager app?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Forget it. Not paying.

for business it is a must, but I understand it's not cheap. The crazy part is that I never have to plug in my phone. Everything updates wirelessly. Contacts, notes, tasks, calendar events. It's a super handy program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles