Contacts Transfer

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I would like to transfer contacts from my Lumia 920 (AT&T) to my Nexus 4. But I can't find an app that can. So do you guys know of any app that can?

BTW, I didn't switch to android. I just like having phones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I would like to transfer contacts from my Lumia 920 (AT&T) to my Nexus 4. But I can't find an app that can. So do you guys know of any app that can?

On your lumia can't you transfer contacts to your sdcard. It should create a vcard file. Then place it on the sdcard of your Nex4. Open the contacts app> hit menu> import from sdcard

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
On your lumia can't you transfer contacts to your sdcard. It should create a vcard file. Then place it on the sdcard of your Nex4. Open the contacts app> hit menu> import from sdcard

Is there any kind of Bluetooth file transfer?

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help everyone. But I have a Mac, and I use hotmail/live for my contacts, and I have no idea how to transfer them to Google.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help everyone. But I have a Mac, and I use hotmail/live for my contacts, and I have no idea how to transfer them to Google.

Vcard method should work without a computer. Just email it to yourself or via drop box

Oh also add your hotmsil account to the nex4 and sync contacts

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

You can export your contacts from Hotmail as a CSV file then import that into GMail. Once it's in there you are home free and can sync it to your phone. Here's some instructions How to Export Contacts and Email Addresses from a Free Hotmail Account - About Email

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Wish it was as easy as Nokia's "Transfer my Data" though.
And I wish I could turn water to wine. It's really about a 5 minute experience. Once you have things into Gmail they will be there forever and things will sync. You can also consider using a program called Companion link if you want wireless syncing for contacts, calendar etc., between your computer and phone. www.companionlink.com

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Some of my contacts are imported, but not all. Not even some of my Facebook contacts are in the people app. :mad:

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You can export your contacts from Hotmail as a CSV file then import that into GMail. Once it's in there you are home free and can sync it to your phone. Here's some instructions How to Export Contacts and Email Addresses from a Free Hotmail Account - About Email

Oh man... I tried the CSV method literally 50 times trying to extract my contacts from T-Mobile's backup. The names, addresses and e-mail addresses worked every time, but the phone numbers would come in as a comment instead of as a phone number no matter how I formatted my csv file or how I formatted the phone numbers within it.

Since OP's on a Mac, I figured I'd share the trick that worked for me: I imported my contacts from the csv file into Apple's built-in address book, which worked. I then exported all my contacts as a vCard. Importing that into Gmail worked.

Once your contacts are all in Gmail, though, life is *easy* :)

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh man... I tried the CSV method literally 500 times trying to extract my contacts from T-Mobile's backup. The names, addresses and e-mail addresses worked every time, but the phone numbers would come in as a comment instead of as a phone number no matter how I formatted my csv file or how I formatted the phone numbers within it.

Since OP's on a Mac, I figured I'd share the trick that worked for me: I imported my contacts from the csv file into Apple's built-in address book, which worked. I then exported all my contacts as a vCard. Importing that into Gmail worked.

Once your contacts are all in Gmail, though, life is *easy* :)
Try what he said

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc