Nexus 4 battery: one month in

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my nexus 4 for about a month and the battery seems to have settled in. I'm more then happy with the life I'm getting on it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357156184816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357156184816.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 205
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357156197480.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357156197480.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 203

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I charged mine yesterday and disconnected it before bed. I'm running it today to see what I get. So far I'm happy but I haven't used it much today.

e6y9eda5.jpg

a9y2ahu3.jpg

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm really confused, how is that good battery life? You're on wifi, the phone has been on for only about 6 hours, and you've only used the screen for 40 something minutes, and the battery is at half....or am I misreading something?

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm really confused, how is that good battery life? You're on wifi, the phone has been on for only about 6 hours, and you've only used the screen for 40 something minutes, and the battery is at half....or am I misreading something?
I thought I was the only one confused

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's a vast improvement for me coming from a galaxy ace, I didn't realize that people expected more battery life from a phone with a quad core cpu hiding inside it?

EDIT: I was actually streaming spotify over hspa+ for around 20 mins too while I was in the car

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
It's a vast improvement for me coming from a galaxy ace, I didn't realize that people expected more battery life from a phone with a quad core cpu hiding inside it?

EDIT: I was actually streaming spotify over hspa+ for around 20 mins too while I was in the car

Good battery life in this day and age is:
5 hours of screen on time on mobile data
and 6 or more on WIFI.

At best it seems the nexus can yield 3 1/2 to 4 hours of screen on time on mobile data, and about 5 on wifi. Some people get more, some people get less, but that's about the average I'd say. And that's just okay battery life in 2013. We really should be getting more.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
and 6 or more on WIFI.

At best it seems the nexus can yield 3 1/2 to 4 hours of screen on time on mobile data, and about 5 on wifi. Some people get more, some people get less, but that's about the average I'd say. And that's just okay battery life in 2013. We really should be getting more.

What phones do you know that get that kind of battery life consistently? Sure, a phablet like the Note II. Other than that? Maybe 2 phones. And you say in this day and age, what recent phone gets that without some sort of modification or luck? Possibly the GS3, but I dont think that battery life you posted is a standard yet. I get around the same battery life as the OP. I have no clue how you guys can pull off more than 3hrs screen on time consistently. I believe the avg screen on time a phone has these days is in the 2.5 area. Anything more than 3.5, or 4 without any modifications to the OS (like rooting and flashing ROMs/Kernels) would be a miracle.

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah about half the battery gone and 43 mins of screen time isn't the best for the device. At 50% I am at about 2 hrs of screen time.

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What phones do you know that get that kind of battery life consistently? Sure, a phablet like the Note II. Other than that? Maybe 2 phones. And you say in this day and age, what recent phone gets that without some sort of modification or luck? Possibly the GS3, but I dont think that battery life you posted is a standard yet. I get around the same battery life as the OP. I have no clue how you guys can pull off more than 3hrs screen on time consistently. I believe the avg screen on time a phone has these days is in the 2.5 area. Anything more than 3.5, or 4 without any modifications to the OS (like rooting and flashing ROMs/Kernels) would be a miracle.

I had the same issue too before. Used to get about 2.5 hrs of screen time but that could have been because I would mostly stay on HSPA. Now I use wifi for heavy data streaming(like youtube, pandora, flipboard) and I have gotten better. Also I ran a battery test from GL benchmark 2.5 and since then the battery has drastically improved. After the test and using wifi, now I get 4+ hours of screen time. Don't know if the battery test actually helped or is a coincidence but I am happy to see my battery life improve. Hope yours get better too soon.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue too before. Used to get about 2.5 hrs of screen time but that could have been because I would mostly stay on HSPA. Now I use wifi for heavy data streaming(like youtube, pandora, flipboard) and I have gotten better. Also I ran a battery test from GL benchmark 2.5 and since then the battery has drastically improved. After the test and using wifi, now I get 4+ hours of screen time. Don't know if the battery test actually helped or is a coincidence but I am happy to see my battery life improve. Hope yours get better too soon.

I'll give the benchmark test a shot and report back. Wifi is what i'm on almost 24/7 as well. Between home and work and school when its in session, i'm on wifi maybe 85%-90% of the time. Still, 2.5-3hrs screen on time is what I peak at on good days. And thats with moderate usage I guess, just a lot of Twitter and Messaging, Instagram, Light browsing. Blah blah. I rarely stream, maybe the occasional Netflix or Youtube. But very rare. I'll do the benchmark test though.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here are some updated screenshots of my battery usage. I still maintain the battery life is good on this phone!

Attachments

• 2013-01-03 02.08.12.png
    2013-01-03 02.08.12.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 2013-01-03 02.08.22.png
    2013-01-03 02.08.22.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 79

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm now at 26 hrs since I've charged. 58 min on the phone with 1hr 40min screen time and still have 41% battery. For my usage this phone has plenty of battery life. We'll see how it does tomorrow with my first day back in the new year.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also forcing the phone onto 2g when using Wifi helps with battery life especially if you get low 3g signal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How do u takr ss? Power and volune down? Not working for me.
Well i have screen 27% with 4 16 hours screen time. Keep in mind ive had wifi on the entire time and i dont have a cell service which is a big reason less battery will be drained. 7% battery atm.
Sent from my Nexus 4

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
How about some tips on saving battery?

Nexus 4 doesn't have great battery, one of the few downsides to this phone. How can we make it better? I tried doing a battery calibration, I have location settings and stuff turned off, anything else we can do to improve the battery life?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
and 6 or more on WIFI.

I am getting exactly this. I think that when we get the next update battery will improve again.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I do find that Google Now and GPS are the big killers. But the phone takes almost no power when you turn the screen off and it is idle.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Here are some updated screenshots of my battery usage. I still maintain the battery life is good on this phone!

That's ok but compared to other users screenshots I've seen on this forum that batt life is abysmal. You might have a defective unit.

What services are you running? Seems like you should be able to get much better.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk