LG Complaints

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Happy new year, and welcome to my rant

I knew LG was effing up Google once the orders dried up during the first round.
And now it is confirmed. LG is MOFO scumbag. They are limiting the supply.
A Little Sleuthing Leads Nexus 4 Enthusiasts To Estimate About 400K In Sales Of The Device | TechCrunch
Seems they caught feelings after Google put it up for sale at a super super low price that made their Optimus g look like a piece of cold potato.
Hey, even Samsung was not this much of a doochebag, and they had all reason, since the Galaxy Nexus was better than their current flagship, the S2.
And the argument that LG does not have the production capacity does not stand. If they wanted, they could have easily put a Nexus 4 in the hands of everyone who wanted one, me included.
I swear, the nexus 4 is the last LG phone I buy, see how you like them apples now LG

All the more reason for a moto nexus.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I guarantee you that LG knew exactly what Google's intentions were in terms of selling the device, at what price, etc via Google Play. They agreed to the conditions when they bid for and were chosen to design the Nexus 4, and throughout the design process were intimately involved with Google in designing a device that could be sold at the price Google wanted. So to say they were suddenly surprised and then spiteful about it is complete nonsense.

:)

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Why would you ever want Motorola to make a Nexus device every Motorola phone I've ever had was a piece of s*** Motorola makes junk they shouldve left the Nexus up to Samsung they did an awesome job with the galaxy Nexus trust me I own one :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
And the argument that LG does not have the production capacity. If they wanted, they culd have easily put a Nexus 4 in the hands of everyone who wanted one, me included.
I swear, the nexus 4 is the last LG phone I buy, see how you like them apples now LG

So this means you either already have one so should be generally delighted with the phone itself, or still intend to purchase one despite your rant?

At any rate, it's a safe bet that whatever the reason for the initial shortage, they'll be coming into better supply soon. Otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing "all T-Mobile stores to carry the Nexus 4 beginning this month."

As for me, I opted for the Nexus 4 even after having been the not-exactly-proud owner of the G2x. Brand loyalty or disloyalty is a tricky thing. The past is never a perfect indicator of the future, and the Nexus 4 is an exceptionally good device in every manner. How difficult it is to actually get hold of one has no bearing whatsoever on how good of a phone it is - just on the decision as to whether the wait is worthwhile versus alternatives.

Last edited:

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
So this means you either already have one so should be generally delighted with the phone itself, or still intend to purchase one despite your rant?

At any rate, it's a safe bet that whatever the reason for the initial shortage, they'll be coming into better supply soon. Otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing this news.

As for me, I opted for the Nexus 4 even after having been the not-exactly-proud owner of the G2x. Brand loyalty or disloyalty is a tricky thing. The past is never a perfect indicator of the future, and the Nexus 4 is an exceptionally good device in every manner. How difficult it is to actually get hold of one has no bearing whatsoever on how good of a phone it is - just on the decision as to whether the wait is worthwhile versus alternatives.

I had not seen the link you shared, thanks for making my day :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Why would you ever want Motorola to make a Nexus device every Motorola phone I've ever had was a piece of s*** Motorola makes junk they shouldve left the Nexus up to Samsung they did an awesome job with the galaxy Nexus trust me I own one :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I disagree on this.. Personally think Moto hardware is fantastic - it's come a long way in a short time, just like LG has - and most will agree they have the best radios out there. I would LOVE to see a Moto Nexus next year :)

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to his own :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I guarantee you that LG knew exactly what Google's intentions were in terms of selling the device, at what price, etc via Google Play. They agreed to the conditions when they bid for and were chosen to design the Nexus 4, and throughout the design process were intimately involved with Google in designing a device that could be sold at the price Google wanted. So to say they were suddenly surprised and then spiteful about it is complete nonsense.

+1000 I couldn't agree more. LG is not in control here. google make major decisions. LG works with google on manufacturing how google wants it to be.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Then if that is the case, why are they shortchanging Google? Because 400k devices worldwide is not funny. They should have just labelled it a limited edition at this rate
And am sure Google would have gotten into a contract that ensures steady supply of nexus devices

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site

At any rate, it's a safe bet that whatever the reason for the initial shortage, they'll be coming into better supply soon. Otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing "all T-Mobile stores to carry the Nexus 4 beginning this month."

I want the Nexus 4 for the Google experience. Stock jellybean, so sweet. Am nowhere near loyal to LG. They are really bad at phones, but the nexus 4 and optimus G were the exception.
However, the way they are handling Google, am sooo never getting any other LG made phone, and am sure Google would be twice dumb to have LG make another nexus. Be it a phone or a tablet or even a dock let alone a case for any nexus.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I disagree on this.. Personally think Moto hardware is fantastic - it's come a long way in a short time, just like LG has - and most will agree they have the best radios out there. I would LOVE to see a Moto Nexus next year :)

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to his own :)
Moto nexus would be awesome!!! if the droid razor razr hd is anything to go by
+1 on the radios. My bedroom is a wifi dead spot, but my chics moto always gets 2 bars. Crazy weird

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Happy new year, and welcome to my rant

I knew LG was effing up Google once the orders dried up during the first round.
And now it is confirmed. LG is MOFO scumbag. They are limiting the supply.
A Little Sleuthing Leads Nexus 4 Enthusiasts To Estimate About 400K In Sales Of The Device | TechCrunch
Seems they caught feelings after Google put it up for sale at a super super low price that made their Optimus g look like a piece of cold potato.
Hey, even Samsung was not this much of a doochebag, and they had all reason, since the Galaxy Nexus was better than their current flagship, the S2.
And the argument that LG does not have the production capacity does not stand. If they wanted, they could have easily put a Nexus 4 in the hands of everyone who wanted one, me included.

All the more reason for a moto nexus.
Not sure I buy it. That article had speculation and unproven information written all over it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
LG makes the phone... Google makes the order... Google fault.
LG is not going to make 1,000,000 if Google is not going to order them and pay for them.
It comes down to Google underestimating demand. And ordering in small batches it seems because they can't handle it.
Who knew that the phone would be getting such reviews and seems to be at/near the top for best phone of the year in many reviews.
It doesnt even have LTE, no expandable sd card slot, no removeable battery and they can't keep it in stock.
BTW, enjoying my N4 :)

+1000 I couldn't agree more. LG is not in control here. google make major decisions. LG works with google on manufacturing how google wants it to be.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with you had Google's UK rep Dan Cobley not publicly state that LG had dropped the ball on supply. This says a lot when they go on record. He would never have said that had it not been a problem with LG. I actually wonder if this has been a full on marketing tactic. Think about the constant back and forth from everyone about how hard it is to get a Nexus 4. People who never knew what a Nexus was are now hearing the word pop up left right and center. When they go in to Best Buy etc. they see a Nexus 7 and think "hey this is that name that everyone is looking for... and it's cheap". In a few months when the supply does come in for the Nexus 4 many people who would never have considered buying a one will think long and hard about buying one instead just because the media has made such a big deal about the demand. Not to mention the price is ridiculous. This is genius marketing at its finest. Not just for Nexus but for Android in general.
Here's the info. from the UK Google rep. Google Blames Nexus 4 Shortage on LG | Maximum PC

LG makes the phone... Google makes the order... Google fault.
LG is not going to make 1,000,000 if Google is not going to order them and pay for them.
It comes down to Google underestimating demand. And ordering in small batches it seems because they can't handle it.
Who knew that the phone would be getting such reviews and seems to be at/near the top for best phone of the year in many reviews.
It doesnt even have LTE, no expandable sd card slot, no removeable battery and they can't keep it in stock.
BTW, enjoying my N4 :)

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I love my LG nexus 4 but if motorola made a nexus you would get great build quality, superb radios, loud and crisp speakers, the best battery life like they did with their razor line, screen will probably be from sammy or possibly sony(prefer sony) , so a moto nexus would might be the best nexus ever made.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with you had Google's UK rep Dan Cobley not publicly state that LG had dropped the ball on supply. This says a lot when they go on record. He would never have said that had it not been a problem with LG.

Cobley did not directly state that this was the fault of LG, though you and many of the media have accepted that spin. What he did was try to soothe customer rage in a manner that didn't directly and fully attribute guilt to his company. What Cobley did was say that supplies were "scarce and erratic," but it's unjust to interpret that to mean the blame should be laid solely on LG's shoulders.

"Supplies from the manufacturer are scarce and erratic, and our communication has been flawed," Cobley said. "I can offer an unreserved apology for our service and communication failures in this process."
Other factors can apply, i.e. supply chain issues stemming from poorly forecast demand on part of Google. Also, note that while Cobley is upper-middle management for one regionalized overseas branch of Google, there was no comment on this from anyone at Google's corporate campus.

I'm not saying LG can deny responsibility, but rather that there are others who can have played a very large or even primary part in the shortcomings of this launch (As to the whole 'new coke' marketing thing... meh, not going to give it that much thought).

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I love my LG nexus 4 but if motorola made a nexus you would get great build quality, superb radios, loud and crisp speakers, the best battery life like they did with their razor line, screen will probably be from sammy or possibly sony(prefer sony) , so a moto nexus would might be the best nexus ever made.

I think that with the heavy hand Google wields in engaging a company for a Nexus device and the import the quality of said device plays in reflecting Google, it's a safe bet that whoever makes the next Nexus will make the best to date. That said, I think Google is safely to a point where they can have a Moto Nexus without everyone screaming nepotism, and Motorola does make some exceptional hardware. Like you, I'm thoroughly satisfied with my N4, but I'd add HTC as a personal preferred OEM option alongside Motorola for the next one -- HTC does hardware implementation as well as anyone.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Really think LG and Google made a great device in the N4. To me it seems they just underestimated the demand. Prior to launch nobody wanted it because lack of LTE and 8/16GB options only.

Reality is though when you look at all the other phones you can purchase off contract, nothing comes close to the Nexus 4 or even the GNex before it on both quality and price. $349 for the N4 on an off-contract T-Mobile or Straight Talk AT&T plan, that's way cheaper than a Verizon, Sprint, AT&T or T-Mobile on-contract plan is a no brainer to a lot of people now. If the phone was selling for $650 like most other off-contract high end phones this problem would not exist for Google & LG.

60% of the time it works every time!
*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
IF I had to guess, I would say LG was put in a spot that they never could succeed in. I think pressure was put on them to have the phone ready to coincide with the Nexus 7 and 10 releases... however, that means they are forced to produce on the level of Asus. Asus has been top notch with delivering their newest technology - focusing only on a very exact area of computing hardware and usually first to market with almost everything (thinking netbooks and the first ultrabook to compete with Apple), while I have to imagine LG as a company is bogged down with monster bureaucratic mumbo jumbo. They make a gazillion different things. Asus is simply much better/faster at what they do.