LG Complaints

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Guys, lg and google are smart. They are making more money, but no consumers like it. The less they make, the more publixcity abd that makes more people knowing ofbthis phone. ing assholes released in other countries because ofbthis and i questioned it and i was right to do so. Not a lot of people are going to cacnel their order because of the long wait and google know they have a huge wait line. Welk thats my guess

Sent from my Nexus 4

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Happy new year, and welcome to my rant

I knew LG was effing up Google once the orders dried up during the first round.
And now it is confirmed. LG is MOFO scumbag. They are limiting the supply.
A Little Sleuthing Leads Nexus 4 Enthusiasts To Estimate About 400K In Sales Of The Device | TechCrunch
Seems they caught feelings after Google put it up for sale at a super super low price that made their Optimus g look like a piece of cold potato.
Hey, even Samsung was not this much of a doochebag, and they had all reason, since the Galaxy Nexus was better than their current flagship, the S2.
And the argument that LG does not have the production capacity does not stand. If they wanted, they could have easily put a Nexus 4 in the hands of everyone who wanted one, me included.
I swear, the nexus 4 is the last LG phone I buy, see how you like them apples now LG

All the more reason for a moto nexus.

They sure arent going to makebthe next nexus, no consumer will be hapoy after reading that article. Im still going pure android though, like this way more than how the s3 and note look.

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Spell Check buddy. It's there for all of us :)
Guys, lg and google are smart. They are making more money, but no consumers like it. The less they make, the more publixcity abd that makes more people knowing ofbthis phone. ing assholes released in other countries because ofbthis and i questioned it and i was right to do so. Not a lot of people are going to cacnel their order because of the long wait and google know they have a huge wait line. Welk thats my guess

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Cobley did not directly state that this was the fault of LG, though you and many of the media have accepted that spin. What he did was try to soothe customer rage in a manner that didn't directly and fully attribute guilt to his company. What Cobley did was say that supplies were "scarce and erratic," but it's unjust to interpret that to mean the blame should be laid solely on LG's shoulders.

Other factors can apply, i.e. supply chain issues stemming from poorly forecast demand on part of Google. Also, note that while Cobley is upper-middle management for one regionalized overseas branch of Google, there was no comment on this from anyone at Google's corporate campus.

I'm not saying LG can deny responsibility, but rather that there are others who can have played a very large or even primary part in the shortcomings of this launch (As to the whole 'new coke' marketing thing... meh, not going to give it that much thought).
It is what it is, but if LG was able to supply the devices then we wouldn't be having this issue. The Galaxy Nexus was not a block buster, but I do think that after the success and general happy customers that came from the Gnex Google would have planned for more supply than they had with that phone. I guess we will never know.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4

Getting negative press about a device that people cannot buy and not offering any expected availability date is in no way more worthwhile than Google & LG producing and selling the phone. This is losing money as people become frustrated and impatient and buy another device. If these companies wanted to captilize on revenue it would have been sold effectively during the holiday season. It wasn't.

Smart companies can still make silly mistakes, which is exactly what this is: a mistake.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It is what it is, but if LG was able to supply the devices then we wouldn't be having this issue. The Galaxy Nexus was not a block buster, but I do think that after the success and general happy customers that came from the Gnex Google would have planned for more supply than they had with that phone. I guess we will never know.
We will know in time. The internet is full of wannabe Sherlock Holmes and sleuths. Somebody is going to bust this story open wider than the road to hell.
Still. the N4 is the sexiest device out there. Am rocking a pantech flex until Google decides to bring in more stock

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Turned it off (auto correct) im just getting used to the gigantic size ofbthe nexus 4. Keep htting b instead of space because i have to go down so much more than my ipod 4th

Sent from my Nexus 4
Not autocorrect... spell check. If nothing else, give SwiftKey a go or proof read. I have to decipher what you are saying. LOL.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
All I know is that this LG Nexus 4 is an extremely top notch phone and surprised the sh*t out of me. I was very skeptical with LG when announced but this has made me reconsider them as a brand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Getting negative press about a device that people cannot buy and not offering any expected availability date is in no way more worthwhile than Google & LG producing and selling the phone. This is losing money as people become frustrated and impatient and buy another device. If these companies wanted to captilize on revenue it would have been sold effectively during the holiday season. It wasn't.

Smart companies can still make silly mistakes, which is exactly what this is: a mistake.

Any press is good press. Kind of. Pretty sure michael jackson dying gave him a lot of fans. I for one didn't listen that much to michael jackson but after he died I listened to him more.
Nexus 4 is also the top notch phone out there on the market now, I'm not going to buy another phone because of the low price of the Nexus 4

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 is also the top notch phone out there on the market now, I'm not going to buy another phone because of the low price of the Nexus 4

You say that comfortably from a Nexus 4. For many others time may be a factor and with zero concrete evidence to suggest an availability date, producing a limited number of this product isn't benefitting Google or LG in any way.

Low price is good, but convenience is often times a more pressing issue.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You say that comfortably from a Nexus 4. For many others time may be a factor and with zero concrete evidence to suggest an availability date, producing a limited number of this product isn't benefitting Google or LG in any way.

Low price is good, but convenience is often times a more pressing issue.
We all played the same game with ordering this phone. It's a phone for crying out loud. If it's too much for people to handle then go buy something else. I had a SGS2 before my Nexus 4 and if I had to wait an extra month or 2 I would have. If you can't then go get one of the other 10 phones available. Sheesh. Such crazy whining about this.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I disagree on this.. Personally think Moto hardware is fantastic - it's come a long way in a short time, just like LG has - and most will agree they have the best radios out there. I would LOVE to see a Moto Nexus next year :)

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to his own :)

i might be in the minority here but i would like to see a nexus from Sony. IMO, their designs are beautiful. too bad they are not pushed aggressively in the US market like samsung does with their phones. i wouldn't mind seeing another nexus from HTC either.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i might be in the minority here but i would like to see a nexus from Sony. IMO, their designs are beautiful. too bad they are not pushed aggressively in the US market like samsung does with their phones. i wouldn't mind seeing another nexus from HTC either.
Definately HTC. Not so much for Sony. They are just middle of the pack. But I suppose that's what we said about LG.

For what it's worth I was in Best Buy today and I still gotta say that the screen on the HTC One X is still the bomb. Even compared to my Nexus 4. It's just deeper and richer. Wish it wasn't.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Definately HTC. Not so much for Sony. They are just middle of the pack. But I suppose that's what we said about LG.

For what it's worth I was in Best Buy today and I still gotta say that the screen on the HTC One X is still the bomb. Even compared to my Nexus 4. It's just deeper and richer. Wish it wasn't.

sony is in the "middle of the pack" because of crappy marketing, and showing almost no aggression to penetrate into the US market (besides AT&T, I don't really see any sony phones). that, however, doesn't mean their phones aren't good. I've never seen the screen on any of them, but i would imagine their screens with the Bravia engine looks pretty damn good. their industrial designs are fantastic, possibly my favorite out of all the android OEMs. I also like that sometimes they use higher quality materials like aluminum (instead of always sticking with the fugly plastic that samsung does). i think sony could be a real player if they just got their sh** together lol. they are allowing samsung to dominate them, because they just aren't pushing hard enough. its quite sad really. not too long ago, sony was king in electronics. i was crushed when i found out that the sony nexus leak was only a hoax...

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

sony is in the "middle of the pack" because of crappy marketing, and showing almost no aggression to penetrate into the US market (besides AT&T, I don't really see any sony phones). that, however, doesn't mean their phones aren't good. I've never seen the screen on any of them, but i would imagine their screens with the Bravia engine looks pretty damn good. their industrial designs are fantastic, possibly my favorite out of all the android OEMs. I also like that sometimes they use higher quality materials like aluminum (instead of always sticking with the fugly plastic that samsung does). i think sony could be a real player if they just got their sh** together lol. they are allowing samsung to dominate them, because they just aren't pushing hard enough. its quite sad really. not too long ago, sony was king in electronics. i was crushed when i found out that the sony nexus leak was only a hoax...

I think whoever is chosen to make it, we've seen that Google has been making good decisions in who to pick for the Nexus and I am honestly just happy to see different companies get chances with a Nexus push. It looked like Samsung had the Nexus line sewn up just a year ago.. and now look: Google has 3 different, low cost, high quality Nexus devices for sale by 3 different manufacturers - Nexus 4 / LG, Nexus 7 / Asus, Nexus 10 Samsung. In my opinion this is what the Nexus line should be about and it's an excellent push for the various Android OEMs, great deal for consumers, and just good for Android altogether :)

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
We all played the same game with ordering this phone. It's a phone for crying out loud. If it's too much for people to handle then go buy something else. I had a SGS2 before my Nexus 4 and if I had to wait an extra month or 2 I would have. If you can't then go get one of the other 10 phones available. Sheesh. Such crazy whining about this.

Um, that's my point. No one is whining. I simply stated Google and LG made a mistake and are losing money because of it. The other member seems to think that this was launch was intentional.

You further enhanced my point when you said "go buy something else."

Mine is ordered, I'm patiently waiting for it to ship, so again, I don't know where you saw whining. I only argued this launch was a mistake and not some brilliantly planned marketing scheme, and that because of said mistake, these two companies are losing money.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I think whoever is chosen to make it, we've seen that Google has been making good decisions in who to pick for the Nexus and I am honestly just happy to see different companies get chances with a Nexus push. It looked like Samsung had the Nexus line sewn up just a year ago.. and now look: Google has 3 different, low cost, high quality Nexus devices for sale by 3 different manufacturers - Nexus 4 / LG, Nexus 7 / Asus, Nexus 10 Samsung. In my opinion this is what the Nexus line should be about and it's an excellent push for the various Android OEMs, great deal for consumers, and just good for Android altogether :)

No they did not!!! **Climbs pulpit**
They could have given sony the next nexus, or perhaps HTC. Hell, I would have even settled for Huawei if that meant everyone got their devices on time. LG have almost zero commitment to the customers. Atleast HTC is spot on when it comes to customer service (I had a faulty one X, and HTC called me 5 times. Yes, 5 times and am in Kenya).
LG should never make another nexus. Period.
But you gotta admit, the name Sony Nexus just rolls of the tongue....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois