Moving contacts to N4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a iPhone 3G and a Sanyo SCP-3810. Both have contacts on them. What would be the easiest way to transfer?
Type them all out on a piece of paper. LOL. sorry. I can't help you on this one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 3G and a Sanyo SCP-3810. Both have contacts on them. What would be the easiest way to transfer?

Both devices should allow you to "export" your contacts as a file (.vcf file). Just transfer this file over to your N4 via bluetooth or email or whatever other method you may want to use. Then go to your contacts on the N4. hit the settings button (the 3 dots) and select import/export contact. Follow it through to get all your contacts over to the N4.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You really need to get them into Gmail...it's the Android way. Plus, once they are in there, not only can you now access them from any computer in the world, but they will also instantly sync to any new phone you might get in the future. If you can possibly export the existing contacts into a csv file format, you can then import that file into Gmail on a PC.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is kind of off topic but anyone know to put cobtacts into my phone permanently, even when i delete the sync app? The built in one diesnt work

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This is kind of off topic but anyone know to put cobtacts into my phone permanently, even when i delete the sync app? The built in one diesnt work

Sent from my Nexus 4
They should be syncing with your Gmail account automatically without syncing. This happens when you set up your account. Just make sure when you add a contact you select your gmail account not the device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

imthekingbk

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Importing to gmail is definitely the way to go. It's so convenient if you happen to ever get another Android device down the road.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You really need to get them into Gmail...it's the Android way. Plus, once they are in there, not only can you now access them from any computer in the world, but they will also instantly sync to any new phone you might get in the future. If you can possibly export the existing contacts into a csv file format, you can then import that file into Gmail on a PC.

Yeah - I can't understand why everyone isn't doing this. So simple, so easy, so perfect. Same goes for email (gmail). It's the most feature packed email around and you can access it from anything.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah - I can't understand why everyone isn't doing this. So simple, so easy, so perfect.

Because you can't manage Google contacts. Outlook contacts are easily placed in categories, added, deleted, edited, etc. Google contacts are nothing more than a hodgepodge of people you have contacted -- sometimes just once or even by accident. Who needs a bunch of unsorted useless junk on their phone? This is one place where Google completely blew it. (Just my opinion.)