How to add more home screens

nandaaft

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The home screens in Nexus 4 are not sufficient for me to add some widgets.I want to add 2 or 3 more home screens.How to do that without using any launchers

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The home screens in Nexus 4 are not sufficient for me to add some widgets.I want to add 2 or 3 more home screens.How to do that without using any launchers

you can do it but you would need to mod the stock launcher. so you need root to do this.

It will take about 1 hr to add two home screen. you have to decompile the launcher apk. add the 2 screens compile it again and replace the default launcher.

best way is to use apex or Nova launcher. they are close to default launcher.

[GUIDE] How to change the number of stock launcher screens of JB ROM [Launcher2.apk] - xda-developers

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
With HTC's Sense I'd zoom out to view them all, press and hold some place to add more. Viol?. :confused: Too bad HTC marred Sense with a horribly insufficient amount of RAM. I prefer a minimalist approach, though, and found myself getting rid of the extras and still have two home screens to spare on the N4 right now. For that much stuff I'll open the app drawer... considering still1's post, I'll keep it that way.

strider2

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I asked the same question about launchers in another thread.
I am torn between Nova and Apex Launcher.
based on your usage, can you shed light on which is better (feature wise)
PS: I am planning to buy it (If is not free) and hence dont want to buy without feedback

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I asked the same question about launchers in another thread.
I am torn between Nova and Apex Launcher.
based on your usage, can you shed light on which is better (feature wise)
PS: I am planning to buy it (If is not free) and hence dont want to buy without feedback

Apex and Nova both are free on market but free has limited features(about 75% features in free. you get additional 25% on paid).
paid version has additional customization/gesture support etc

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As other people said routing and launchers are the only way. I don't really feel like you need now home screen, hell I'm only using four to the

Sent from my Nexus 4

RustyU

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
AOSP launcher doesn't support multiple home screens, so either find a new one or mid the stock one.

Dunno hour much you must have to need more than five though? try using folders?

Angela_1

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
How do I add another screen to add additional apps? I have apex Launcher. With the original default there was a plus sign but apex doesn't have that. I deleted the 5 I started with an used 2 but now I want to add one more window an can't. Help plz, can't seem to google or youtube help... Thanx

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How do I add another screen to add additional apps? I have apex Launcher. With the original default there was a plus sign but apex doesn't have that. I deleted the 5 I started with an used 2 but now I want to add one more window an can't. Help plz, can't seem to google or youtube help... Thanx

Double tap on a blank space on your home screen and select manage screens